Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up my BLT, coming from a Classic. On my old front triangle, the hose guide was an adapter that sat in the rear brake housing stop. On my new front triangle, the guides are disc specific and the old plastic adapter doesn't fit (way smaller than the guide hole). Being my first disc only frame, what am I missing about routing the brake hose? Is there some sort of guide that I'm supposed to use? I'm thinking that the hose is supposed to be held by something so that it does not rub on the guides, but I'm just missing it I guess. Maybe some photos or ideas? Just clueless here...

· Registered
1,497 Posts
DaveInDenver said:
I'm building up my BLT, coming from a Classic. On my old front triangle, the hose guide was an adapter that sat in the rear brake housing stop. On my new front triangle, the guides are disc specific and the old plastic adapter doesn't fit (way smaller than the guide hole). Being my first disc only frame, what am I missing about routing the brake hose? Is there some sort of guide that I'm supposed to use? I'm thinking that the hose is supposed to be held by something so that it does not rub on the guides, but I'm just missing it I guess. Maybe some photos or ideas? Just clueless here...
My blur classic came with a zip tie holding it down. I thought it looked cheesy, so I cut it off and put on a stick on hose guide.

· Registered
210 Posts
on the BLT the front most rear disc brake hose cable stop is a oversized guide hole that uses a small plastic ferrule that steps down to hold your cable nice and tight, if none came with your frame contact your LBS.

working off of memory here, the hose will then run to the inside of the front most shock mounts, to a small C shaped guide/stop, then to their traditinol disc brake cable stops, you can either use zip ties or the C shaped plastic clips that lock into place around the cable.

If contacting your LBS doesn't work try contacting santcruz, they should be able to get you some.

Sean

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the front is way oversized, that's exactly the description. My front triangle is a warranty replacement, so I must be missing the step-down ferrule. Will hit the bike shop, then. The stop right above the front shock mount does look smaller, so that is prolly sized about right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.