Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
I would highly recommend riding the two if you can. They are both in the same category and are made of carbon, but behave differently. I put several good rides on a Mojo, and was left with a much different impression than I expected going into it. The suspension was phenominal; efficent pedaling, great bump absorbtion, and it didn't dive. However, despite being 170lbs, I thought the frame was very flexy. Hard cornering, off camber tech, and awkward direction changes had the front and rear of the bike doing entirely different things under me. Granted, I come from a downhill background and ride relatively aggressive for my weight, but after the time I put on it I couldn't help but think what it would have been like if I was an average rider 20lbs heavier. :eek: I didn't get much in the way of (valuable) input from the Ibis forum, no suprise there, so I doubt you'll see a post worded like this again in your researches. I was told the frame I rode was a fluke, but I like to think the construction of carbon is advanced enough to rule out such alarming deviations between frames. It's possible I suppose, but I had enough of a taste to rule out searching for another.

As for the BLTc, I'll leave the vast ammount of data in this forum for you to dig through. One thing is for sure though, you won't find the word flexy anywhere.

·
I am a Nomad
824 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
As for the BLTc, I'll leave the vast ammount of data in this forum for you to dig through. One thing is for sure though, you won't find the word flexy anywhere.
TRUE, so very true!!!
Hands down go for the BLTc, phenomenal bike and soooooo STIFF!
Tested both in question in the same trail back to back, I am now tempted of selling my Nomad MK2 frame and getting a BLTc. :eekster:
Test both, but do get the Santa Cruz. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
mentawais said:
Hey guys , I'm looking for a new frame ,wich one do you think is better?
I have a 2010 S/C BlurLT2 c. Hands down- the stiffest MTB frame, I have ever owned. Go with the 2010 S/C BlurLT c with Fox rp-23 BV rear shock. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am looking in the same direction as the OP and what i want to know is how many of the LTc owners really give their bikes a good hard thrashing and not just use them as XC bikes. I am looking to either to be my one bike and it will need to be able to do everything and as a result of that the spec will that so it wont be the lightest belle at the ball but that is not my main priority.

So how many LTc owners out there actually use their bikes on the more AM side of things?

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
I thought the Mojo was a pretty cool bike. I test rode one out at Interbike this year. It was, however, the non SL version. I walked away thinking that the feel of it was really nice. I do, however, like the LTc a bit better. For one, the tapered steerer makes it incredibly stiff. The rear end has already been spoken for with regard to rigidity. I concur. The real difference is how the two suspensions behave. I'd get on both to get a feel for each of them and go from there. I noticed one thing though. The Mojo has cable routing that I did not like at all. I would not buy the bike for that one reason considering the options out there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Full length housing on the LTc would be awesome. That would probably seal the deal for me at this point. I can do full length on the Nomad and LT2 but I doubt I would be all that keen on drilling a carbon frame.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Full length housing is not a problem at least on LT2 (alu). You can draw cable from left side first (same attachment points with brake hose on main frame) and then bring cable to right side for rear swing. Actually looks also ok, and works without problems. I was also surprised lack of full length housing possibility first, but not anymore since there is one..

·
603 Posts
BLTc or MojoHD

That's the question for me........

I'm still leaning towards the BLTc, but the MojoHD is very cool.

Porch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.