Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read thru the sticky, but didn't find what I'm looking for...
After 2 years of being a die-hard SS'er, I've dusted off my old Blur. I have to admit...I LIKE it:thumbsup: Anyway, I've got it set up with a Pushed RP-3 in the back and a Talus 130 up front. I'm ~195lbs with pack and gear, and like agro-trail style riding.

I've got the fork pretty well set-up with 65psi and the Rebound and Compression knobs pretty close to center. I usually get 115-120mm of travel, and figure that's about the best I'm going to do. 130 would be to the crown, so I don't believe it'll really do that.

My real question is on getting the most out of the rear shock. The SC guide (posted in the sticky) says I should run my weight, 195psi. Been years since I've ridden it that hard, but I don't remember getting much travel. Lately, I've been trying to experiment a bit. At 176psi, I had about 14mm of sag and got about 34mm of travel (as measured on the o-ring). At 172psi, I've got about 16mm of sag and get 38mm of travel. I think the stroke is supposed to be 2", so I'm only getting about 75% of the rated travel. My question is, do any of you get full travel? And if so, how much sag are you running?

Thanks!

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
In setting up the Blur (or any VPP bike), you want to pay attention to sag. For that bike, you want 10-15mm of sag measured at the shock while at your riding weight.

I had a Blur Classic for a few years and could get pretty much full travel setting up the shock per the SC recommendations and I'm the same weight as you.

On my Blur 4x, I can also get just about full travel with a Push'd Float AVA with the shock set to 195psi.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have a 04 Blur classic with a Fox AVA. Just this month had it "pushed". Makes a world of difference. Before the rebuild, I ran it at 20% sag. Plush and smooth for XC, but drops were a little rough. Run the new shock at 15% sag, and feels smoother and just as plush, no bottoming. Might be time to rebuild that shock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
$150, worth the money. In fact just this weekend had a chance to ride a trail in Austin, TX that's full of roots and rocks. Trail runs along side a river bed and has several areas that follow hairy rock crossings, a lot of stop-and-go, hops, drops, and plenty of areas to test suspension design. Needless to say, I have a great bike...love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.