Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted my 4x before, but I figured I'd start a new thread that any 4x owners can use so all the 4x's out there can be one thread... as they seem to be on a bunch of different ones... post pictures here... please!

Chris
 

Attachments

·
hands up who wants to die
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Here's the old pic of my 4X from this Spring. It now has El Caminos, LX cranks and Xpedo pedals. I'm still loving it. I'll post an updated pic when I get one.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,404 Posts
Here is mine. I just recently bought the frame and built it. It will primarily be used for 4x and dual slalom racing. I will post some racing shots when I get a chance. I have already put one race on it - the Nightmare Crit at the Moab Halloween bike fest and ended up with a fourth place (but should have been first). I have a feeling this bike will get me to the podium a time or two this year...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
.thumper. said:
Here is mine. I just recently bought the frame and built it. It will primarily be used for 4x and dual slalom racing. I will post some racing shots when I get a chance. I have already put one race on it - the Nightmare Crit at the Moab Halloween bike fest and ended up with a fourth place (but should have been first). I have a feeling this bike will get me to the podium a time or two this year...
light, rigid and burly. sweet frames indeed!
 

·
hands up who wants to die
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Esku & Chouchou: What size Maxxis tires do you guys have in the back? How do they fit and do you like 'em?

I have a Kenda Nevegal 2.35" in the back and am wondering if a 2.5" Maxxis will fit, cuz they run small. I like the Neve a lot, but would like to try a Minion sometime.

thx
-r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
rpet said:
Esku & Chouchou: What size Maxxis tires do you guys have in the back? How do they fit and do you like 'em?

I have a Kenda Nevegal 2.35" in the back and am wondering if a 2.5" Maxxis will fit, cuz they run small. I like the Neve a lot, but would like to try a Minion sometime.

thx
-r
I have two sets one is 2.35 F&B and the other one is 2.7 F & 2.5 B.
 

·
yelgatgab
Joined
·
459 Posts
This is our "guide" at the Zion Freeride Festival a few months ago dropping a 10-ish footer on his 4x. The thing looked like an XC bike next to all the big bikes, but the dude killed it (figuratively, not the frame) nonetheless.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
rpet said:
Esku & Chouchou: What size Maxxis tires do you guys have in the back? How do they fit and do you like 'em?

I have a Kenda Nevegal 2.35" in the back and am wondering if a 2.5" Maxxis will fit, cuz they run small. I like the Neve a lot, but would like to try a Minion sometime.

thx
-r
I run 2.5 Maxxis Minion DH. Just have 5 mm clearance on each size. Gravel hits the frame when riding in the mud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
this Roco was on my heckler.
it works perfectly on the small bump,very smooth and without any friction, you just have the adjustability that you REALLY need,compression and rebound.

You can too adjust the low speed compression with internal setting that need to dismantel the shox but it is very easy to open and modify.

For the heckler i've add a bit of oil in the shock in order to reduce the air volume and make it a bit harder in the last centimeter of travel ,because with a rear suspension like the heckler, the roco is a bit too linear.

But i think on the blur it'll be perfect!!

I ride this shock since 3 month and i love it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
amazing bike on this page ;)

in two day, i'll have mine...i'm so exciting about it ;)

Yann, very nice your white Fork on your White Blur ;) I think you will have the most different Blur 4X about the other...but Watch out, you know the problem, when you have a beautiful bike, the others don't want to ride with him ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Gripo ,the fork is a Z1 light ETA in 130mm

i'm gonna ride with this bike in all mountain , a bit in 4x and in some french downhill,we have a category called "stock" where you could ride in dh with a bike with less than 130mm travel.
in some tracks that kind of bike is much funny than a big dh bike...

but the main ride will be our "blur 4x fighting" with Chouchou and bubublur...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Yann said:
Gripo ,the fork is a Z1 light ETA in 130mm

i'm gonna ride with this bike in all mountain , a bit in 4x and in some french downhill,we have a category called "stock" where you could ride in dh with a bike with less than 130mm travel.
in some tracks that kind of bike is much funny than a big dh bike...

but the main ride will be our "blur 4x fighting" with Chouchou and bubublur...
Stock category is less than 150mm since last year. Tell me which race you want to do, I'm ready for DH racing with my Blur 4X to. And also for the "blur 4x fighting" :D
 
1 - 20 of 367 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top