Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine which frame size to buy.

My frame size preferences are not the usual for my size (5' 6" & a bit), as I prefer a long top tube/short stem(40/50mm) combo. This gives me ample leg room and the front end handling I like.

This often leads me to buying a "large" size frame, but also means I have to put up with a long wheelbase to do so.

Looking at SC's website (the pdf.doc) geo based on a 4" fork with an axle to crown height of 472mm it says the wheelbase for Med is 42.9", Lge is 44.25".

Either way, med or lge these wheelbases are rather lengthy, and to get the room I like up front means with a Lge I'm going to really pay for it with a wheelbase equal to most longer travel freeride bikes.

I plan to use this bike as a do it all....... xc, trail, lil djing bmx style.

Can Blur 4x owners help me out by measuring their bike, giving me their
1) Frame size
2) Fork height & type & travel used
3) Wheelbase from axle to axle.

Thanks
JohnG

·
Registered
94 Posts
I´m 6´3" on a large frame, I honestly think that large is way too long for you. I´m using a 90mm stem on it and it feels too long for DJ, perfect for allround allmountain whateverkind of stuff. Pike is a brilliant match for the frame I highly recommend it. Hope this helped :) .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.