Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to pick some brains here if possible :)

Have one of the above, currently running a butchered E13 LG1 (so it fits round the lower pivot), mated to a BB E13 chain guide mount, Shimano BB & Raceface Atlas AM cranks.

However, its been driving me mental now, I cannot get enough clearance around the lower jockey wheel on the chainguide, where the plastic skid plate guides the chain onto the roller, it rubs on the chain on the inside, like the chain is too close to the chain guide.

I'm running the correct spacers to get the chainline right, yet the only way I seem to see I can space the drive side crank arm out is run more of the spacers RaceFace supply that sit on the BB spindle between the BB cup & drive side crank arm. This however, will mess my chainline.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious? I hate these Atlas cranks with a passions & this, combined with an LG1 makes fitting a chainguide a hellish job :(

I'm tempted to get the whole lot off, drill the backplate down to a sensible weight, modify the lower roller to take something like an MRP or Gamut design, run a light bash ring (Gamut?) & some decent cranks (HT2) just for ease of set up, unless someone can make me see sense on this :mad:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to update this.

Sorry it didn't make a huge amount of sense, but it boiled down to a compatability issue of BB mount/LG1/RF Atlas cranks. I swapped them out for some spare Saints I have & all is great.

I've been looking for an excuse to drop the cranks & modify the LG1 anyway so it's underway now. LG1 is to be bastardized into a frankenchaindevice with a bashring, mated to some Shimano cranks (probably XTR).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.