Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on this website, are they for real? The pricing and products this place has is incredible! Have any of you bought from them? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Great return policy, ship quick when they have it in stock. The best thing to do is to get your order together on line, then call them to order it and ask them to check if it is in stock. Or call just to confirm that it is stock before you complete your order. I have done it like that the last few times I have ordered stuff from blue sky. They actually warnteed a chain that broke 3 times in two months. GOOD web store!

·
wannabe corporate shill
365 Posts
I ordered some Hoss baggy shorts from them

Good price, but I should have checked to see if it was in stock at the time. Took about 8-10 days for it to arrive and get shipped to me.

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Sorry To Burst the bubble... Go JensonUSA!

I hate being the party pooper, but I have had bad experience from Blueskycycling.:madman:

I ordered a big, +/-650$ order with many parts from them. My first thought was this is great! Big Selection, LOW Prices, and reasonable shipping. But then they sent me an email AFTER I had already confirmed my order. They said that it is going to cost 60$ instead of the stated 20. Well that probably would have been just dandy if they had told me before I had confirmed! So I just said poop on you and canceled my order.

I ended up getting a better deal at JensonUSA. Their prices are not as good, but their pricematch feature is the best pricematch I have seen anywhere. I did a total of 6 pricematches and they acceped all of them except one all in less than 20 minutes! The one they didn't accept was on a Easton EA50 Stem. I tried to pricematch a road stem against a mountain stem! (duh) The only gripe I have about Jenson is some of their listed parts are not in stock yet, and you have to be sure to check and make sure they are if you want all your parts quick. However, it only took them 8 days to ship all my parts, even though half were not in stock!

All you have to do is pricematch Blueskycycling's stuff (Jenson has many of the same parts) at Jenson and you'll live happily ever after! Also, if you can't find the parts you're looking for look at Pricepoint (not a huge selection, but they have those cheap, really good for the price sette products) or Cambria bike (haven't purchased from there, but they look good.

Use these stores preferably if...

Blueskycycling-use if your orders are small and don't include oversized items.
Jenson-use if you want the lowest prices, best service, in exchange for super fast shipping!
Pricepoint-Use for Sette products, great prices, and cheap items that are last years or the year before's model.
Cambria-they have good selection, but I haven't worked with them

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
A few items........

I have seen a few items at Bluesky have better prices but not many. I purchased mine and my sons full face helmet from them however when it came time to order items for our bikes they either didn't carry them or didn't have in stock.

I have had much better luck with Price Point and JensonUSA. I have even had good service from Universal Cycles. They have those hard to find cassettes especially.

Of course this is just my $.02

ODN

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey, OP, thanks for posting. I got on there to look for some Kenda Klaws for my new Redline Moncog 29er (BTW, woohoo!!!), and wound up buying them on BlueSky. Very few other e-tailers had them, what I saw on other sites were a little more expensive. So now BlueSky will be one that I check along with Pricepoint, JensonUSA, Webcyclery and Cambria. I haven't ordered too much from any of them, but I've never had a bad experience with any of 'em.

Did I mention I just got a new Monocog 29er? Yeah, I'm a little excited!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 to the "great prices, crappy stock" sentiment

In the past I have tried to place two orders with them and both times the products were on backorder. The second time, they didn't notify me until two business days after I placed the order that they didn't have the product in stock. I will never order from them again.

However, I use them to pricematch against when ordering from Jenson, Performance, etc - saves a ton of $.

Mac

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd stay away from Blue Sky Cycling. I've only bought there once. It won't happen again.

I bought a derailleur, which was promptly shipped to me. I opened the corrugated cardboard shipping box, and inside was a derailleur in a ziplock bag, wrapped VERY tightly with packing tape (so tightly, it might be bent...I haven't put it on my bike to verify). No packing material to protect it during shipping. No retail Shimano box or instructions.

Anyone else ever recieved parts like this?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've purchased from Bluesky many times w/o any issues. Yes, they sometimes have product that is backordered, but I plan ahead and confirm if they have it in stock. The last time they had product back ordered, they sent the items they had in stock and shipped the backordered product w/ free shipping so I was stoked.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.