Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding there a lot this year. Just thought I'd share with guys here who may not have made it there yet. They're off to a great start building the place up. It's never crowded, which I like, but that concerns me too. Every time I go, It's a little better. It's a place that's got huge potential. If anyone finds themselves anywhere near there, it's worth the trip. I like it more and more everytime I go, and really want to see it grow into something great. This weekend is the Fat Tire Festival there too. Not trying to do there advertising for them. I'm bored, been in front of the computer a lot watching videos, and reading bike posts. Dislocated my shoulder Sunday up there, found myself with some free time, but not able to do what I want with it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Blue high one of my fav's, I'm a season pass holder. Unfortunately I haven't ridden too much this year due to injury.

They've got a great mix of dh and man sized jumps in the park.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
I am very impressed with how far they came in a year. I'd like to see a nicer way down from the small jump line (without walking uphill first). The small jump line could also be a little longer.

I'd like to see some wooden features... I am assuming that insurance or waiting for interest to grow is holding that aspect back... but we'll see. Before and after the small jump line would be a nice place for some wood since it is off to the side and doesn't have a ton of other options yet.

The big jump area is pretty big. A little much for me right now, but I saw a guy rip through it the right way and it looks like it is all laid out really well.

I am not into pure gnarly DH, but the natural DH trails are pretty fun.

I only spent one day there this year, but every run was a blast and I am looking forward to going back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rollertoaster said:
Blue high one of my fav's, I'm a season pass holder. Unfortunately I haven't ridden too much this year due to injury.

They've got a great mix of dh and man sized jumps in the park.
It sucks not being able to ride. I was supposed to go to Diablo Friday, but Sunday was my first ER visit in a couple years.(probably my worst over the bars crash ever) I'm not sure how long I'm on the disabled list yet. ER doc wanted to schedule me to see Orthopedist, and get MRI this saturday. Shoulda seen his face when I said, I can't, I booked a white water trip for my family that day.

·
Registered
729 Posts
whats the terrain like there compared to diablo?ive ridden at diablo and ill be honest there was plenty of stuff there i didnt hit.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
dd13 said:
whats the terrain like there compared to diablo?ive ridden at diablo and ill be honest there was plenty of stuff there i didnt hit.
I'd say Blue's easiest trail is about like greenhorn at Diablo. Then there are a couple of intermediate trails (at least I'd call them intermediate) that are pretty fun... maybe comparable to waterboy at Diablo. Then the rest are a little tougher... but not like Stalker, Ripper, BMW... definitely a notch down from those. There are some steeper parts and some chunky spots but nothing that made me fear for my life. I may be forgetting a couple of trails or connectors at the moment....

Overall, the feel of blue is different from Diablo. No wooden features and really no grooming like some of Diablo's trails (except the jump lines). It is a little "raw-er" than Diablo, but at the same time not quite as intimidating.

If you let us know what about Diablo you liked and what you didn't like, then we'd have an easier time giving specific comparisons.

·
Registered
729 Posts
sounds like its worth a shot,i really enjoy riding the rough stuff,not a big fan of wooden features.at diablo i honestly never took notice of the trails.i stuck mainly to the right side of the mountain(looking up from the bottom)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, what Uncle Six Pack said. Here's what i can add. Blue is a bigger hill. Steep and loose, much more natural than Diablo. You can tell it's new, not too much there is man made. It quicklly became my favorite spot, mostly due to less people riding there. (good for me, but hoping it's making money for them the way it is, I want to see it grow.) The atmosphere and attitude there seems more beginner friendly than Diablo even though I'd consider Diablo to have more beginner friendly trails.(more all together really) One very neat thing I found the first time I went to Blue was George. Guy at the lift, asking everyone"Have you ever been here before?" Well he is the trail guide. He rounds up a few people at a time. Takes the small group up the hill, gets an idea of skill sets, and show people the trails. Was a very neat experience. I never got that at any other place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A bunch of us checked out blue and it was fun for a few hours but Diablo has the complete package and is on a whole other level. Way more trails, more jumps, more mandmade options, more difficulty,, flow. You can't really compare the two mountains yet. Blue is brand new and diablo just offers way way more with regards to trailbuilding. I live closer to Blue but still drive twice the distance to get to diablo.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
OK, if you are not interested in wooden or other man-made features, then Blue is definitely worth checking out. For me, I like Diablo better, but Blue is a nice change of pace just to do something different and it is an hour closer to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts