Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ight fellas i am going to Blue for my first DH runs ever! lol

yeha its gunna be interesting taking a chairlift up hills i skied down in january!

so i am wonderin what the answers are to the folowing questions...

where do u have to keep ur bikes when u go to ur room? cuz theres no freekin way im leaving them outside or on my bikerack on the SUV due to the lack of lock!

what necessities do u guys bring with u?

i already have a norco atomik 03, fullface helmet, knee-shin guards, lizardskins crap and a fender to protect the bike, fox gloves and jerseys...

what else should i bring?

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CanadianHooligan said:
How long are you going for?I cant see anything else you might need riding wise,except do you have any upper body armour?
im going for thursday and friday.

and no i dotn have any upperbody armor but i dont go big on jumps or anything . ive only been riding for a year now so... the biggest i ever did was a 6 foot drop

·
My Legs Hurt
35 Posts
finchy said:
im going for thursday and friday.

and no i dotn have any upperbody armor but i dont go big on jumps or anything . ive only been riding for a year now so... the biggest i ever did was a 6 foot drop
Hey, last weekend was my first time at Blue. I love it, but Id recommend some upper body armour. My brakes failed on the last run and I hit a tree with my shoulder, so its a little bruised now. Im definitly renting some more armour next time until I buy some.

·
Registered
954 Posts
bring your bike into the room, only way to guarantee it doesn't get nicked.

Lift system is a little weird since they don't have hooks for the bikes yet, be vigilant, 2 bikes got stolen (and later returned) at vps fest.

If you don't have upper body armour don't go too fast. The runs there can be extremely fast so it's easy to get in deep before you realize just how fast you're going in close proximity to trees, rocks etc...

·
Registered
159 Posts
finchy said:
ight fellas i am going to Blue for my first DH runs ever! lol

yeha its gunna be interesting taking a chairlift up hills i skied down in january!

so i am wonderin what the answers are to the folowing questions...

where do u have to keep ur bikes when u go to ur room? cuz theres no freekin way im leaving them outside or on my bikerack on the SUV due to the lack of lock!

what necessities do u guys bring with u?

i already have a norco atomik 03, fullface helmet, knee-shin guards, lizardskins crap and a fender to protect the bike, fox gloves and jerseys...

what else should i bring?
Blue is a whole lot of fun, head out to the far edge of the mountain right off the bat and hit "embryo" It's a great way to warm up and get the bike under you, but don't let the name fool you more than one rider has found themselves wrecked from hitting it too fast. As one of the other posts said it's easy to get in over your head, so keep your speed in check until you start getting a feel for whats where on the trails. Have an awesome ride finch.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot fellas...

thats bizarre that they let u bring ur bike into ur room but not skis.. i remmber thatu where supposd to put the skis and stuff in the lockup or somehting but we never did it...

so how about shops? are there any decent ones cuz i need a new pair of gloves desperatly!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You must mean Blue "Hill"

Why do they call it a mountain?? It's barely a hill
Seriously - and how much is a pass?
I really don't think one has to worry about body armour. It's like wearing a seatbelt in a canoe.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Camelback

I'd pick up a hydration pack if you don't already have one. I get super-thirsty riding; I couldn't imagine riding at a ski resort without one! Get one that can hold a few tools, tubes, energy bars and a pump. Plus they provide some spine protection for when you bail.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Edward, have you even ridden blue? Granted, its not even close to Whistler or Bromont, but its still got some pretty tricky sections.

FInchy, make sure you have body armor. There are a couple tracks that can bite you in the ass if you don't respect them.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
big disapointment...

i just got back after we decided to go home early... and what the hell...

first off i call them in the mourning to make sure that the hills and everything are open they say yeah weathers great so off we go headed for blue

we get there and take the bikes off the rack and go to the shack where they sell the lift tickets and they say come back at 2. so im like ok fine, we go and get some lunch come back at 2, and they say sorry man hills are closed for the rest of the day due to thunder (we could have riden on the shuttle truck up with our bikes cuz there was only me my buddy and 3 other guys tryin to ride). then the instructor guy is like the XC trails arent closed so we ask him how to we get there and he says "ill show u but u have to pay for a lesson!!!!!" a lesson for XC what the hell!!! an idoit could ride XC with his eyes closed ther's nothing complex about it!!! so we hang there at night and theres nothing to do

....... so we go to get beaver tails and my freind gets one thats choclate banana. he takes one bite and relizes its got f**king nuts in it which he is extremely alergic to. on the sign it clearly says "chocolate banana" not poison! we even asked her if it had nuts soo stupid also the first aid place doesnt have any benadryl on them so we had to go to a cigarette store to buy some... then we got kicked out of one bar cuz we where too young, then we go to the club and we get kicked out of there too by a big bouncer for age again... walkin around trying to find something to do we discover a pool and hot tub...both of which are closed. then we go to our room to watch a movie 13.99 i think it was... for a F**KING MOViE

so the next day comes and we are all excited cuz they assured us we could ride today. we get to the trails and the guy says sorry theres thunder u cant ride today we are shutting it all down. shutting it down for the day AT 11AM WHAT A RETARD by noon the weather was incredible and this idiot sneds his staff home soo stupid..

then my dad goes and talks to him doesnt offer us any free **** even after my dad tells him that one of the employees told us it was gunna be great weather

my advice people... dont go to blue unless theres a 0% chance of rain cuz it is so rediculously borring there if the biking is closed

·
My Legs Hurt
35 Posts
finchy said:
i just got back after we decided to go home early... and what the hell...

first off i call them in the mourning to make sure that the hills and everything are open they say yeah weathers great so off we go headed for blue

we get there and take the bikes off the rack and go to the shack where they sell the lift tickets and they say come back at 2. so im like ok fine, we go and get some lunch come back at 2, and they say sorry man hills are closed for the rest of the day due to thunder (we could have riden on the shuttle truck up with our bikes cuz there was only me my buddy and 3 other guys tryin to ride). then the instructor guy is like the XC trails arent closed so we ask him how to we get there and he says "ill show u but u have to pay for a lesson!!!!!" a lesson for XC what the hell!!! an idoit could ride XC with his eyes closed ther's nothing complex about it!!! so we hang there at night and theres nothing to do

....... so we go to get beaver tails and my freind gets one thats choclate banana. he takes one bite and relizes its got f**king nuts in it which he is extremely alergic to. on the sign it clearly says "chocolate banana" not poison! we even asked her if it had nuts soo stupid also the first aid place doesnt have any benadryl on them so we had to go to a cigarette store to buy some... then we got kicked out of one bar cuz we where too young, then we go to the club and we get kicked out of there too by a big bouncer for age again... walkin around trying to find something to do we discover a pool and hot tub...both of which are closed. then we go to our room to watch a movie 13.99 i think it was... for a F**KING MOViE

so the next day comes and we are all excited cuz they assured us we could ride today. we get to the trails and the guy says sorry theres thunder u cant ride today we are shutting it all down. shutting it down for the day AT 11AM WHAT A RETARD by noon the weather was incredible and this idiot sneds his staff home soo stupid..

then my dad goes and talks to him doesnt offer us any free **** even after my dad tells him that one of the employees told us it was gunna be great weather

my advice people... dont go to blue unless theres a 0% chance of rain cuz it is so rediculously borring there if the biking is closed
Sorry to hear that Finchy, I was gonna head out tomorrow but probably wont because theyre calling for rain...shitty.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
theres more reasons why im pissed lol

when we where driving home all this dust was spraying off this dumptruck infront of us so i had to clean my entire bike and it also needed grease on the pivots, im talking 2.5-3 hours total

also cuz i live in toronto and i dont have a car/liscense cuz im only 16 means that i dont exactly get up there much (2 times a year at most usually to ski).

does anyone know if there is like a go bus or something that runs up to blue mountain?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.