Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Singletrack groupie
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing a trip to Blue Mound this weekend to bike Saturday and Sunday and camp in between.

Its hard to get a good trail report from the local site, so I figured I'd ask here. It looks like there are scattered thunderstorms Friday and clears out for the remainder of the weekend. Anybody ride here often enough to let me know if this is a good weekend for this adventure?

Thanks,
Bandit

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Bandit402 said:
Looking at doing a trip to Blue Mound this weekend to bike Saturday and Sunday and camp in between.

Its hard to get a good trail report from the local site, so I figured I'd ask here. It looks like there are scattered thunderstorms Friday and clears out for the remainder of the weekend. Anybody ride here often enough to let me know if this is a good weekend for this adventure?

Thanks,
Bandit

www.madcitydirt.org forums is the place for local info. That includes a recent map.

Right now Friday forecast is a 50% chance of rain. BMSP is a wonderful place but is quick to turn into greased sharp rock. The Overlode part of the park dries first.

I don't know where you're coming from but there are other places to ride in the area. Again, the forums mentioned are the place for up to date local info.

Have fun.

·
Singletrack groupie
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is where I checked first, just the last trail condition post was on 7/24, looking for an up-to-date opinion.

·
Singletrack groupie
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm coming up from Chicago. I was looking for some other place besides S. Kettle because I don't want to be a buffet for the local mosquitos :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Bandit402 said:
I'm coming up from Chicago. I was looking for some other place besides S. Kettle because I don't want to be a buffet for the local mosquitos :)
I don't think you'll get away from them little bastards. They're everywhere with the amount of rain most of WI has gotten. Just ride fast and don't stop.

·
Singletrack groupie
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody planning on Blue Mound this weekend? :) Any idea what kind of rain came through? Just figuring out the weekend!

If this doesn't sound like a good plan, what are the other local camping/biking spots that might be a little less mosquito-y and enjoyable.

Thanks for your help!

Bandit

·
Registered
526 Posts
I live 10 minutes from Blue mounds, the rain has missed us for the most part this week, it's just been hot and muggy. Don't bother trying to avoid mosquitoes, they are everywhere. Was in Minocqua last week and they were awful there too.

Devils Lake in Baraboo has some trails, and if you like hiking and rock climbing it is great for those also, excellent camping, but always way too busy for my taste.

August in WI means bring bug juice!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts