Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team BikeWood
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good front tire for the loose pumice of Mammoth. Right now I'm looking at a Blue Groove 2.35 or a Weirwolf 2.5. It's going on a Blur so I'm not looking for a full DH tire. These both seem to be about the same size, but which one grips better? Anyone tried either of these tires at Mammoth? Any input is appreciated.

·
kneecap
1,639 Posts
I've had good results with the weirwolf's @ Mammoth, but I picked up a 2.5 Nevagal to try next trip based on the phenomenal results I've had on So. Cal. dirt w/ the blue groove's. I'd bet WTB's Timberwolf would excell @ Mammoth as well.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Bg 2.35

Toxic Avenger said:
Looking for a good front tire for the loose pumice of Mammoth. Right now I'm looking at a Blue Groove 2.35 or a Weirwolf 2.5. It's going on a Blur so I'm not looking for a full DH tire. These both seem to be about the same size, but which one grips better? Anyone tried either of these tires at Mammoth? Any input is appreciated.
Or a 2.35 Fat Albert. Theyre bigger than the 2.5 weirwolf.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Agree BG, I've got both, and the BG has taller center knobs (better braking) and stickier rubber, just better grip all round (Wierwolf isn't bad at all though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts