Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden there a few times, great trails. I've ridden many of the trails, and each time, I rode the NORBA Loop, counterclockwise, up to a high point to the east. The trail continues east or southeast, paralleling the dirt road, looks like it begins a gradual descent. I haven't ridden east past that lookout point. I've always come back down the "five mile smile" section. (If I have that name right).

Where does this trail go? How many more miles of singletrack? It's ok to tell me to buy a map and quit asking silly questions, but tell me where I can get a map at least.

I'll be at Blue Diamond, and Bootleg, riding next week, enjoying your desert trails again. "Two Scoops" will not get my bikes this trip!:thumbsup:

Moo

·
Viva la Vida!
791 Posts
Check the sticky on top for Vegas Visitors:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=491803

There is a map of the Cootonwood Valley trailsytem and the trail you are talking about is Bonnie and Clyde.
This is probably the best time of the year to go ride that loop it's about a 23 -25 mile loop.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
I could be wrong but it sounds to me like your getting to the first overlook( you can see vegas in the distance- ne) if you go south from there you go to 2nd overlook and ravens spur... If you drop down the overlook you'll be on B&C if you then go se of B&C you'll be on the singletrack to Jean from the old Blue Diamond to Jean ride( awww the good ol days) ;)

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
C Cow said:
I'll be at Blue Diamond, and Bootleg, riding next week, enjoying your desert trails again. "Two Scoops" will not get my bikes this trip!:thumbsup:

Moo

Please make sure to lock up your bikes when not riding them, Las Vegas can't handle anymore bad press about stolen bikes....enjoy your ride :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beagledadi said:
Please make sure to lock up your bikes when not riding them, Las Vegas can't handle anymore bad press about stolen bikes....enjoy your ride :thumbsup:

Matt
They were locked/secured/contained, and observed in a video surveillance camera system. I don't believe my experience resulted in bad press, and if I felt like vegas needed bad press about bike thefts, I wouldn't be bringing bikes again. I have no hard feelings about what happened; I still have insurance.

I enjoyed riding there last time I was out, and that got way more press from me than the theft. Sh*t like that happens everywhere, you guys aren't special.

Moo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts