Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My cup runneth over
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maiden voyage for my first fat bike today. Mostly dry trails but there was a north facing trail that had wide frozen snow fields on it that was perfect for the Fatback. Not only did it float on top of the snow/ice crust really well but went straight up the stupid steep crusty snow/ice sections too. I was laughing out loud. I had tried the same trail on my FS two nights ago and gave up; the fatback was asking for more.

Is there a secret fat bike handshake? :D

A shout out to Larry Mettler for building the bike for me. A budget build for sure but what a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
rmac said:
...I was laughing out loud....
I think that's what most of us do when we find we can ride over stuff that seemed impossible before. I seem to be doing a lot of it since I got my Pug going. :)

·
My cup runneth over
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RENCRN8 said:
So what exactly is budget about your build? Looks good to me. What components/hubs you running?

The blue looks really nice, my buddy just built this up the other night..
Budget compared to my Turner 5 Spot... :D

X7, Truvativ Stylo Race, SLX, 5 year old GD seatpost, one year old seat, Avid Mech brakes, steel fork :)) )...

Hubs = Import.

I am loving the blue on black.

I am greatly amused by the tire 'bobbing' the bike does with out of the seat pedaling. Riding almost only fs for the last 10 years and being very conscious of suspension bobbing, getting bobbing on a bike with no suspension made me crack up (but not fall off). I should have expected it but didn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.