Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for BLTc owners that have adjustable seatposts. i have one installed on mine and SC says that they provided a cable routing on the top tube for the adjustable seatpost cable. i tried to fit in mine but it seems that the cable routing that was provided by SC was not for full housing cables. any options for those BLTc owners that uses adjustable seatpost? how did you route yours?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I cut the cable housing into sections for my KS i950 in order to use the factory cable guides.

If you got a RockShox Reverb, then you'll have to use a cable coupler.

Personally, I think the factory cable routing looks cleaner.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Reverb on mine.
I ran full length housing for the rear mech, zipp'd it to the rear brake hose, routed on the non-drive side of the head tube. The Reverb hose is coupled to the front mech housing behind the shock, thru a stick-on cable guide in the shock mount channel, and zipp'd to the rear mech cbl housing and brake hose at the head tube.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
crazyjeys said:
thanks for the pics! i see that you have a hose guide that's near the seat collar. where did you get that? did it come with the reverb?

nice cable routing too!
That hose guide comes /w the Reverb. If it's missing, find a Maverick UD fork hose management guide...like $5.00? I used one of them on my Nomad for the Joplin...put it on an angle and it's VARY SCHVEET! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pau11y said:
That hose guide comes /w the Reverb. If it's missing, find a Maverick UD fork hose management guide...like $5.00? I used one of them on my Nomad for the Joplin...put it on an angle and it's VARY SCHVEET! :)
do you have of the maverick guide? can't seem to find one...

·
Tree Crasher
452 Posts
I routed my cable through the upper shock mount and alongside the rear brake hose as well.

Those cable guides should have been the open face type, where you would use a wire tie.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
rockhop said:
I routed my cable through the upper shock mount and alongside the rear brake hose as well.

Those cable guides should have been the open face type, where you would use a wire tie.
Or, I'd even take ones w/ flat closed face so I can mount an aftermarket hose clamp...the ones that bolt into the existing housing terminations. But the super stylized terminations on an angle...can't get the bolt on straight at all!
I ordered a 90 degree Dremel attachment. They won't be an issue too much longer. Hum...better call to make sure I won't void the warranty :D

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Someone named Dan picked up and responded to the drilling question:
"...yeah you can hog it out, it won't affect the frame any...those cable stops - they're just bonded on."

I guess that's a "go" for me :D

The only issue being, since the Reverb hose is cut to length, I might have to take it off by undoing the barb from the lever...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.