Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i have an 04 sc blt i just got it. i love it, but i'm confused it has a fox vanilla rc 6.5 ete usirg an adadpter. i wanted to know what everyone runs on their bullits. i live in new england and it's really rocky and rooty( if that's even a word). why would this shock be used in this setup and what came stock. i just got a lyrik 2 step for it as well. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
BLT or Bullet?

If BLT, I run a Fox DHX 5.0 coil, same size as the RP23 I was replacing. Perfect fit, no interference, and I find it hooks up a lot better than the RP23 that came with the bike, especially over roots, rocks, etc. At 200 lb, I found the RP23 seemed to wallow in the mid-stroke.

A lot of people go the Push route with great results and lighter weight. I may still send the RP23 to Push when I have some spare change laying around, but I decided to go with a coil. Works great for me and I feel more comfortable pushing the agressive side of the envelope with the coil.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.