Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread but it got buried...

A few weeks ago I finally got my BLT built (long story crash replacement/warranty nightmare). WOOHOO! I am currently using a 5th Element Air from my old Blur. Everything works fine but because the 5th has a shorter stroke than the long travel Fox RP3 the rear triangle is sitting into the travel (I guess about 1/4 in). This makes the bottom bracket lower (around 12.5in).

I was wondering if someone could measure the eye to eye distance on the long travel RP3 and let me know what it is. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, anyone know the eta for the long travel 5th?

·
Registered
663 Posts
MtbGeek said:
I posted this in another thread but it got buried...

A few weeks ago I finally got my BLT built (long story crash replacement/warranty nightmare). WOOHOO! I am currently using a 5th Element Air from my old Blur. Everything works fine but because the 5th has a shorter stroke than the long travel Fox RP3 the rear triangle is sitting into the travel (I guess about 1/4 in). This makes the bottom bracket lower (around 12.5in).

I was wondering if someone could measure the eye to eye distance on the long travel RP3 and let me know what it is. I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, anyone know the eta for the long travel 5th?
You got the answer on SC' website.
http://santacruzbicycles.com/blurlt/index.php?faq=1

What is the Blur LT rear shock size?
Blur shock size ** -
7.875" eye to eye x 2.25" stroke
Mounting Bushing width -
Front - 22mm
Rear - 18mm
Mounting Bolt Diameter -
Front - 8mm
Rear - 9.53mm
**Note: All our stock OE rear shocks are tuned/damped specifically for each frame model. Aftermarket shocks may not feel the exact same as the OE stock rear shocks that ship with our frames as standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.