Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 month waiting I got it at last, but first ride and Fox RP3 got so called "stuck down". So, first visit to LBS, new RP3 immediatelly installed, but I am not very happy about it. When I measure it, it is only 19 cm eye-to-eye long, instead of 20 cm, as SC web site specifies. How long is yours (RP3 of course) measured in the BLT frame ? Second question, on long ascends my RP3 dives and loses nearly half of its travel. It helps to climbed from the seddle for a while and it is OK for some minutes and than it appears again. I think it could be caused be freezing temperature around zero centigrade. Am I right, or is my second RP3 faulty again ? Thanks for your opinion.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
You metric junkie...LOL! Yeah, 200mm or 7.875" is the proper length for your shock. This "stuck down" condition is getting pretty common lately, or at least seems so. I had a new DHX Air do the same thing last month, and many others have reported similar deals. I'm wondering if Fox got some bad Q-rings...since I'm an expert now and know what a Q-ring is. :D Your complaint of the performance of your second RP3 sounds more like the characteristics of the DHX Air instead of the RP3. Your mention of the cold conditions at the time of the stuck down is also not unusual, though it's hard to tell if it's a contributing factor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Advice from foxracingshox:
"I do not believe that the cold temperatures would be affecting the shox. The pro pedal setting my be to low allowing the shox to compress while ascending, I would recommend putting the lever in the far left position (firm). Also if your air pressure is to low when the pro pedal disengages on larger bumps it can cause the shox to sink further, try raising the air pressure 5-10 psi and see if that remedies the problem."

Sounds reasonable, but I have not tried it yet, let you know after test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts