Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at the magura thor (140mm of travel 3.96 pounds) or the 36 talas (160mm of travel 5.00 pounds) i live in an area with relativly flat terrain with some steep downhills and drops of 2-3 feet. also the roots. i know these are different forks but id like to get some info or experience. im a slight weight weenie to so that plays a part. thanks for the info:thumbsup:

G

·
Go for the talas. It's like having 3 bikes in one!

Now, I don't have a BLT2 (maybe in the future though) but I do have a SL with an adjustable fork. Once you have one and get to playing around with it, it's hard to give it up. I know, some will say just adjust your riding style, adj fork isn't necessary. True. But it sure is fun!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had a talas on my blt2 when i first got it and never adjusted the travel. I was trying to be weight concious as well so i picked up a rockshox revelation with maxle its 4.5 lbs buttery smooth 20 mm stiff enough and half the price of a talas.

I have heared real good things abut the magura though but never had the chance to ride one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.