Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May get to looking into options compared to carrying on with the fox float/rp23 combination. When we took the shock off at the LBS it was apparent that the du bush was worn out. Shock is off being investigated.
Temptation is to rebuild with a bos deville and a shock to match. Could be much fun to be had.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting a revalve

Mojo have checked out the shock and it is all working fine, so the weird action on the rear suspension was down to the very notchy DU bush.

They have however suggested that the shock tune should be slightly firmer.

They spotted that I was running 205psi (18mm/28% sag) which indicates that the L-Rebound L-Compression 175-Boost calibration was too light fro my not-so-svelte frame. This fits in with the feeling I was getting that the suspension could do with a bit more support in the mid-stroke for aggressively working the trail.

I'll be very interested to see how much the new setup retains the characteristics I'd been enjoying. The change I'm looking for is subtle because so many things were working right already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.