Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As topic states bike has stock float evo ctd..... Should i go float x or cc doubleb....

next question i cant seem to find what size shock it has is ir a 8.75 2.5? Or 8.5 2.5? Im reading mixed things

thanks in advance

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i shimed the shock it made it better but still am bottoming it out of travel when i hit big jumps... So if i want to change it what would be suggested?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dhx coil? ... I know this has been discussed ive read post after post but nothing talking about whats currently out there.. Spacers did not fix the bottoming out i know single pivots have this issue more due to leverage but there has to be a shock out there that could keep my 150 pounds from bottoming this thing out

·
Registered
291 Posts
The shock is crap. You need to reduce the air volume unless the ctd is blown. Does the lever change anything?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea nothing is wrong with the shock.. Ctd works fine.... Put the biggest spacer in and like i said made it better but when im jumping big gaps it bottoms out... Sag is correct actually running more psi the i should because i ride aggressive....

So do i go coil? I like ctd but if im gonna be smashing through air shocks... Seems from what ive read and herd from people is this is a common on single pivots.... Im hitting 8-10 gaps landing smooth and slamming through travel .. If i hit a 4 foot gap im fine its just the big stuff .... I land smooth front fork has no problem at all running same psi and thats a float32 150 mm factory.... Kinda hard to believe the fork eats it but the float evo doesnt....

Just trying to get input on what i should change to... Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's called the cane creek double barrel. You will have more range of compression adjustment. With both high and low speed. You won't feel those big bottom outs with the amount of adjustability

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have an air on my trail bike and a coil on the dh bike. I like the air since its lighter. Do you live in Nj?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like a normal Fox issue, they are garbage. Was on the verge of selling my Tallboy ltc until I switched to a monarch plus over the winter, the difference is unreal. Make the change to something than that over hyped fox, and you wont regret it...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input... Yea I live in nj monmouth county my main riding spot is allaire but I branch out once and awhile... So for my area I try and keep it light as possible so I can still get around since the most ill descend is 1 minute lol....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with morpheus... swapped both of my new fox shocks out for rockshox and they perform so much better...one intense frame and one santa cruz.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So im kinda set on the cc db air cs.... Is the cs worth the exrta dough? Also will i need mounting bushings or can i re use my old stuff? Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
So im kinda set on the cc db air cs.... Is the cs worth the exrta dough? Also will i need mounting bushings or can i re use my old stuff? Thanks
No you need their bushings. I own a bike shop called Wyckoff cycle. It's up north Bergen county. I could get you the db air cs with all the correct hardware for your frame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts