Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VMBaH trail crew (in this case me) cleared the six or so blowdowns and snags that interrupted the flow on a sweet mile and a half of singletrack (sorry, nameless) that runs South/Southwest from loop six at Crev-Mo, joining up with the Long Lake trail.

Great trail with some challenging root problems and decent climbs. Combine it with the recently buffed up Mooseberry Mesa for better than three miles of singletrack, right in the heart of the valley. :thumbsup:

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
Thanks

Went for a ride out there yesterday. Mooseberry is in great shape, super smooth downhill section through the banked switchbacks:D Tried to ride over to Puff Point overlooking Matanuska Lake but the heavy equipment is tearing away at the new sewer line so it is totally blocked off if you are planning to do the big loop through Kepler. Remember that nice field with the great view? Gone. :madman:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trail map ready . . .

I took the Borough's Crev-Mo trail map and added Mooseberry Mesa and the Southeast Side singletrack. Made a .pdf out of it, but it turned out 270 kb, well outside the silly 19.5 kb limit here. :madman:

I highlighted a great suggested route around the trails that's both fun - and a workout!

Anybody want it, pm me and I'll email it to you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep trying!

So, here is a photo of the map! Not so good resolution - but hopefully good enough to get a feel for the route.

The orange route takes you from the parking lot at Crev-Mo out to and around the Mooseberry Mesa singletrack.

Continue on the blue route to sample the southeast side single track.

Total distance when doing both is around seven miles.

Attachments

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
Nice

Rode the "Southeast Singletrack" yesterday. Great job, Sourdough, on the log removal. May have to get out there and hack out some of those gnarlier rootwads. Nice trail with a lot of potential given a bit of dirt work. Really like the part where the moss has choked off all the ground vegetation, pretty surreal section of trail.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trail work continues . . .

Worked the Southeast Side Singletrack on Saturday. Me and Cedric pruned out the first third or so in from the Loop 6 end. Makes the trial much more visable - helps picking the line. :thumbsup:

We plan more pruning later this week. Would love to get the whole thing cleaned up.

Sunday Morning me and the missus rode Mooseberry Mesa - nothing changed there. Still one heck of a piece of singletrack. :D

Here's some pics:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts