Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Fork was clear last weekend, then the windstorm on Monday and Tuesday made it basically not worth it, 10 or so new trees across i heard. Let's start a blowdown report. Here's mine: Cinnamon-Meadow Trail has lots of blowdown in the first quarter mile just to the left of the Cinnamon saddle/4 way, so i went to the top of Cinnamon instead of riding out to Dead Horse and Lizard. Anyone heard about Ramshorn to Porcupine?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kirkwood and Red Canyon

We rode Kirkwood to the top, about an hour, 3 or 4 trees down. Then, as we dropped into the woods on the backside, big trees were down every couple hundred feet or so. We carried our bikes across about 10 of them, then decided it wasn't getting any better so we turned around and went back to the car. As a consolation we drove to Red Canyon trailhead and were able to ride all the way to Skyline Ridge without A SINGLE TREE across! Red Canyon is actually a great uphill, well graded with ride-able switchbacks, less technical than Kirkwood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm relatively new to the area and have just been going by the guide books to this point (Wapiti, Sage Creek, Grizzly, Buck Ridge, Yellow Mule, North Fork). Mind sharing where Kirkwood and Red Canyon are?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts