Others that I read less frequently:

fat cyclist

mud and cowbells

knobby meats

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
thebikersam said:
Does anyone else have biking related blogs? or know of any good one?
Have you not seen like half the signatures on this site?

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Excellent point! If you saw mtnbiker72's sig, he has a link to a blog there. I've been a part of MTBR for about two months, and I'll say that I'm in the minority when it comes to the sig. I use it to express random crap, but a lot of people have links to blogs/photo albums/shops in their signatures. ISuckAtRiding has a link to his company, Homebrewed Components; just an example that comes to mind.

And ISAR, if you see this, I'll take a check or free cog from you. Can't advertise your name for free, yaknow. :thumbsup: :p

·
since 4/10/2009
31,431 Posts
most of my followers follow privately. of the ones that are public, most are old friends or family. I think there's only 3 public followers I do not know personally.

Most of the blogs I link to also link back to me, and some of them generate me some traffic. Those are people that I follow or talk to on forums.

I have gotten a little tiny bit of publicity, too. I got a mention on GPSFix's twitter feed, and GPS Tracklog picked up on that and put a couple of links to my posts in its Waypoints weekly roundup post.

I have a couple of tutorial posts that wind up in Google search results, and some of my very basic product reviews also generate me some search engine traffic.

I put some effort into search engine optimization by ensuring that my posts have categories and tags, as well as appropriate meta tags within the html headers.

I've got a GoPro camera on order, and I hope that once I start getting some vids posted, I will start getting a little more traffic. My local trails have some fun tech stuff that should come out nice on video.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts