Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Die trying, not watching.
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday night my wife and I went to ride GB from the Cavitt School parking lot. The trail that winds behind the school was blocked by 2 padlocked gates. We were able to lift our bikes over the 7 foot chain link fence by standing on a picnic table and passing them over to another rider. Then we climibed the fence. This was about 5 p.m. When we returned about 1.5 hours later, lights on, the parking lot was dark and there was a Placer County deputy with dog (deputy dog?) hiding in the parking lot. The gates were still locked. They did not approach us, nor we him. For as long as I can remember, trail users have been allowed to park at this school and go through their grounds to reach the lake from 4 p.m. on. Did anyone ride last night who can report on the status of the gates? Has anyone heard what is going on?
I hope this was a fluke... :confused:

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
yea sounds like vanadalism and an escape route to me too

the other thing is maybe people are using those gates to run quads, dirtbikes, 4x4s, whatever into the park?

·
Poison Oak Finder
76 Posts
I live right down the street from Cavitt and I ride the trails all the time. I've encountered the locked gates on a few occasions. I just attributed it to the custodian forgetting or being off for the day.

FWIW, you can ride around the gates by going on the west end of the baseball field on the opposite side of the chainlink fence. There's some blackberry bushes, but it is rideable.

And if that prospect doesn't sound appealing, you can always ride up Douglas Blvd. and catch the trail at the Granite Bay boat launch. Just take the quick right drop off just before the main gate.

·
Poison Oak Finder
76 Posts
Melt said:
yo egan you got a mantra?

I used to have a 97
Yep, and a couple of Subaru's too. ;)

I bought my Mantra new back in 1998.

Last weekend:

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
i got mine in 2001 but it was very hardly used .... the rear pivor went out on me in 2004 for the second time so i got a new bike cause the frame was thrashed ... but it was an awesome ride.

the subaru isnt mine it was a friends car .... the blue 4 door civic was mine though haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.