Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Blizzard frame. I built it up with the parts of the Kona right away. Had to get a new post, as the kona was 27,2. However , the thomson in the pic is going to be replaced with one with setback next week to get the perfect fit. Just had taken it for one ride so far and the thing rides really well. It´s not light, neither heavy. 200 grams over the 11 kg border. Getting a lighter stem too, but not really going on a diet for now.
I was happy to find a 73 mm bb shell.Cleaner setup for the outboard bearing thing.
Just happy. Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is one sweet bike! I hope it rides as good as it looks. I can't wait until I finish my build. It would have been complete two weeks ago if the lower brake mount hole threads had not stripped on my Marzocchi shock :madman:

I gave up on the Marzocchi for now and ordered a 2006 Fox F100R which is scheduled to arrive today. :cool:

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one wonders if the Marzocchi move to post mount was a good idea..:rolleyes: I run my F100 lowered to 80 mm.
I have only taken the bike for one ride. I set the tire pressures harder than usual so I could really feel as much from the frame as I could and I was impressed how quiet and smooth the ride feel was.It really felt nice. Quality, that's the impression I had. I was a bit annoyed by having to ride with the saddle a bit too forward for my fit, really noticeable on descents but actually really nice for climbing... anyway,when I get the layback seatpost the balance will be spot on.
This bike is going to give me many ,many happy rides for sure !
Hope you get yours ready and post some pics soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great bike!!! I have a very clean, nearly new Stumpjumper that I can't seem to sell. The fit never felt right to me (which is why I bought my Element!). I was thinking of buying a hardtail frame and using the components from the Stumpy to make a nice commuter with possibly a rigid fork. You're right about the BB width, it looks very clean without the spacers. How did you get the pics to post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts