Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a silver anodized 5 " trail bike that will be around 23.5 lbs and I have allways built my race bikes up very simple Black hubs black seat posts, headsets etc . My question is what to much ? I'm thinking about adding a Blue headset ,stem and maybe skewers and ( tune products) they also have colored seat post what to much ?maybe red skewer ends to offset the blue? ??

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flooredsubaru said:
Blue Chris King hubs with a Blue Chris King headset. everything else black.
I already have dt Hugi 240 hubs that are black with the red inserts , I'm going with BLUE HEADSET SILVER STEM AND I BLACK CARBON POST, MAYBE A SET OF COLORED SKEWERS?

·
Registered
512 Posts
just personal preference... my seven verve has all black components (chris king headset, hubs, thomson stem, seatpost, salsa skewers...) on its brushed titanium frame

·
Registered
186 Posts
hamachi said:
just personal preference... my seven verve has all black components (chris king headset, hubs, thomson stem, seatpost, salsa skewers...) on its brushed titanium frame
That sound's like how mine is going to be built. I am waiting on the frame though.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Spin Cycle said:
I already have dt Hugi 240 hubs that are black with the red inserts , I'm going with BLUE HEADSET SILVER STEM AND I BLACK CARBON POST, MAYBE A SET OF COLORED SKEWERS?
You can actually get Silver/Black stickers direct from DT for your hubs... They look really really nice (if you don't have your wheels already built.. could be a PITA to install the stickers with the spokes in the way).

Get yourself a coloured seatpost collar.. hope makes some nice ones (although not very light).

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
you guys and your bling....and light parts.dont be so shallow. just get good parts and be happy you have a bike at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts