Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Am not, had mine removed.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have to ask it is to much.

This is completely hand crafted by the guys at Cane Creek. Note the wood inlay is not segmented, it's one piece. The finish is hand polished and looks beautiful.

Best of all it will be between $600 and $650, which is to say it is for the blingster extraordinaire!

Sure would make a nice gift!

Also before you go bashing the price, you can always get a regular 110.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wood all one piece? I don't see how.

The wood is set into a groove on the housings, unless the wood is quite elastic or can be induced to shrink in circumference substantially after assembly I do not see how it is possible that each annular ring could be once piece and assembled into the groove. I would wager it is 2 pieces grafted together, the ring is split down the middle or perhaps in one location allowing assembly and then glued and finished to hide the seam.

If it is in fact one piece, can someone with knowledge of it explain?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cleaner said:
The wood is set into a groove on the housings, unless the wood is quite elastic or can be induced to shrink in circumference substantially after assembly I do not see how it is possible that each annular ring could be once piece and assembled into the groove. I would wager it is 2 pieces grafted together, the ring is split down the middle or perhaps in one location allowing assembly and then glued and finished to hide the seam.

If it is in fact one piece, can someone with knowledge of it explain?
It can be one piece and still have a seam.

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleaner said:
I would wager it is 2 pieces grafted together, the ring is split down the middle or perhaps in one location allowing assembly and then glued and finished to hide the seam.
What you want to bet?

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's classified

Cane Creek says it is one seamless piece, installed during assembly. That is all I can get out of them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the only way i can see it is to make the cup with the outer edge and the "flange" that inserts into the frame. then put the wood in place like a washer, then mount the inner polished section to make it look like its one peice of metal...

looks good though!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
I am so glad I changed my order from a 110.....it is yet another nauseating Homer "approved" part I want nothing to do with

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Bikezilla said:
:yawn: Let me know when they make it in Gold.
let ME know when they make it in PINK!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Tidybeard said:
Hey XJ, did you make that chair yourself? Bespoke meat and two veg holders are the way forward:thumbsup:
nah...I was told that this was made for kilt-wearing Scottsmen....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts