Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that mountain bikes are ment for riding and crashing up, but since it has been raining and the season is coming to an end I want to see how I can spice up my bike. I LOVE red parts. So i thought it would be fun to have you guys post your bike or other peoples bikes that you have seen on here to give ideas of what I can buy this winter.

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Wow, that's tastey! Do you dress really well, too??

;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any one know if the hope rotors will fit xt hydraulic brakes and if the hope lever blades would fit on shimano dual control shifters?

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Shade your eyes

Here is an older pic of my I9 rear wheel. They've changed a few things, like the exposed bearing seal. The wheels ride even better than they look.

You can get red spokes too...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
The Blingest looking bike I've seen in a long time

Larry's Delirium is the blingest looking bike I've seen in a long time. And it has a lot of red parts too!

More pics

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
Here is an older pic of my I9 rear wheel. They've changed a few things, like the exposed bearing seal. The wheels ride even better than they look.

You can get red spokes too...
That's a beautiful hub there Pig. :thumbsup: Very nice. Do you know if those are available in blue as well?

Red spokes coupled with a red hub would over do it for me, but htats just my personal opinion. Don't forget that you can get red hubs and red spoke nipples. That would be a little bit of a flash, especially with silver spokes.

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
The world's your oyster

You can get any color hub and spoke combination your heart desires from I9.

I've seen blue, black, silver, green, black, pink, gold, copper. They'll even do fades on the spokes.

The spokes don't use nipples, they just thread directly into the hub.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Some good stuff, sweet looking i9 hub and SRAM PG990 cassette - but I'm waiting for the king of pimp to post up some of his bikes and their bling - that would be Mr. Foshizzle fo sho.

·
Hill crawler
314 Posts
mtnbkr33 said:
I understand that mountain bikes are ment for riding and crashing up, but since it has been raining and the season is coming to an end I want to see how I can spice up my bike. I LOVE red parts. So i thought it would be fun to have you guys post your bike or other peoples bikes that you have seen on here to give ideas of what I can buy this winter.
Lots of red bits here that you don't 'need' but could certainly take you desire for red bits to the next level ...
  • Headset caps and bolts (customizable)
  • Spacers (customizable)
  • Valve Stem Covers
  • Bar end caps (customizable)
  • Bottle cage screws
I've only gone red on the valve stem covers but am thinking of going red on the bar end caps. Maybe for less than $100 you could pimp out your ride and have a Yoyo for your winter fun :thumbsup:

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Singletrack Pig said:
You can get any color hub and spoke combination your heart desires from I9.

I've seen blue, black, silver, green, black, pink, gold, copper. They'll even do fades on the spokes.

The spokes don't use nipples, they just thread directly into the hub.
Know of any online dealers? I'd like to check out some prices, but I can't seem to find them anywhere :confused:

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Judd97 said:
Know of any online dealers? I'd like to check out some prices, but I can't seem to find them anywhere :confused:
Shoot me an email, I can help.

And here's a couple more shots of my red Knolly also pictured above.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
brado1 said:
these guys are the only ones i could find that had'em online.

DH/FR wheels

All Mountain

check with your local shop, they may get a better price.
Yea, those are the same ones I found, but they didn't have the blue coloring (though I'm sure they could get it).

Thanks for your help though :)

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
TruckeeLocal said:
Lots of red bits here that you don't 'need' but could certainly take you desire for red bits to the next level ...
  • Headset caps and bolts (customizable)
  • Spacers (customizable)
  • Valve Stem Covers
  • Bar end caps (customizable)
  • Bottle cage screws
I've only gone red on the valve stem covers but am thinking of going red on the bar end caps. Maybe for less than $100 you could pimp out your ride and have a Yoyo for your winter fun :thumbsup:
I've ordered a custom headset cap from them and they are great to do business with. The cap arrived fast and looked great! Awesome etching and coloring.

Only warning about them, if you decide to order one, the bolt that goes down through the headset cap that you get from them is SOFT as BUTTER. SO be VERY careful you don't strip it.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts