Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went downhilling the other day and found i like that alot better than jumping. i have a bottle rocket with a totem and roco and it did well on the downhill but kinda think i want more travel. i do pedal around alot but i think i could get a hardtail for doing that. so my problem is the blindsides are all out of stock, does anyone know when they will be back in stock? do the blindsides pedal well if i have to pedal it??:confused:

G

·
The Blindside is a FR-friendly downhill bike, with downhill-oriented geometry and a lower center of gravity and BB height. The frame is also a single-pivot (or so, I know there's more specific ways to categorize this). If you are building this up as a DH bike it will pedal, but I wouldn't really say pedal well...unless you compare it to something. Someone once told me if you see that FH/DH companies advertise their bikes as something that can "pedal well" you need to tack on "for a 40-something pound bike" at the end.

I take my Dirtbag with a DH-ish build, weighing over 40lbs to the XC trails and ride them with guys who rides Sundays (one guy's got a 36 ring in front and his largest cog out back is a 28 or something). It isn't fun or efficient on the climbs, but I quickly forget about that on the descents and plus it builds up your strength as well.

If you want a more DH oriented version of the BR, then yes, the BS is a great choice. But what you have is already an enviable set-up. I ran into a guy at Wisp who had a BR with a 36 and he did pretty well in both the DH race and the DS course.

Sorry for the long rant. I'm at the library and supposed to be studying. :thumbsup:

edit: I don't weigh much and I'm not that fast, and I don't think I'm a plower, so maybe a BR with a Totem might work well for me going DH but not so for you maybe. I could be wrong. Sorry for any assumptions or generalizations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sell my br frame for me and i will get a blindside. i just need to find out when they will be in stock. you need to post the pics i would like to see them.... does anyone know about having a totem on the front will it still do alright. i notice most are built with 200mm forks will 180 work well.

·
Registered
769 Posts
yeah they'll be back in august...not sure the time of the month. i totally suggest blindsides...i rode mine today on a trail i hadn't done it on yet and it surprises me each time how incredible they are

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.