Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my company is sending me to Vancouver for a few months, oooh damn. I just bought a used 08 Blindside. I only want to bring one bike out there with me.

Could I throw on a 160mm fork and lighter wheelset and use the blindside to ride everything? Or should I drag my Maverick Matic out there with me?

Anyone have experience running their blindside with a 160mm?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did actually run mine for about 2 months with a 36 because my totem was out of comission...It really rode pretty good but lowers the bb and steepens the bike out a bit...I have ridden both dh and trail in vancouver and think you could get away with it quite nicely...On the super tech steep sections you will want more fork but otherwise it's a kick ass bike if you can only bring one.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am coming from NY so bringing 2 bikes I think is going to be a hassle. I dont know exactly but I figure it will steepen the HA to about 67ish degrees which would be good for more AM type trails.

Thanks for the info man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.