1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
839 Posts
Somewhat connected... can anybody reccomend a 10mm x 135mm BOLT ON axle for my Bottlerocket? Want to stiffen up the rear end and drop some weight.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I think Im gonna snag the Azonic Recoil axle, it's alu, and although I haven't seen an exact weight, my guess it will be about half the stock axle.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MattP. said:
I think Im gonna snag the Azonic Recoil axle, it's alu, and although I haven't seen an exact weight, my guess it will be about half the stock axle.
The santa cruz one i've posted is cheaper from what I have seen, and looks like it may be lighter as well.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mjw said:
The santa cruz one i've posted is cheaper from what I have seen, and looks like it may be lighter as well.
Yeah, but do you know if it is specific to the VPF, or can it be used on any 12x150 bike?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
MattP. said:
Yeah, but do you know if it is specific to the VPF, or can it be used on any 12x150 bike?
E-mail SC and update us all! lol
Guarentee if you e-mail the tech e-mail listed you'll have an answer back in 24 hrs.

I don't see any taber or step up on the axle. Looks like it will work.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,748 Posts
coiler8 said:
Somewhat connected... can anybody reccomend a 10mm x 135mm BOLT ON axle for my Bottlerocket? Want to stiffen up the rear end and drop some weight.
Hey Coiler, check if your LBS can get Hadley parts. They make the nicest axel out there IMO. I added the "Sinner" by putting it in place of the washer. The nut on the other side has a drop-out notch that stays put as you tighten the other side. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
Hey Coiler, check if your LBS can get Hadley parts. They make the nicest axel out there IMO. I added the "Sinner" by putting it in place of the washer. The nut on the other side has a drop-out notch that stays put as you tighten the other side. ;)
Thanks a bunch! And fairly light? (stiffer rear end is preferable, but everyone likes light, right?:thumbsup: ) I have a QR on right now... not a fan...

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,748 Posts
coiler8 said:
Thanks a bunch! And fairly light? (stiffer rear end is preferable, but everyone likes light, right?:thumbsup: ) I have a QR on right now... not a fan...
If you get the chance to pick one up, you'll laugh at how light it is. It's hollow. Only drawback is some shops charge up to $40 for it. It's the nicest axel out there though IMO. It's hard to say if you'll notice a huge stiffness change as the BR rear ends don't slouch much in that department. I did notice it on my 06 Rocky Switch and they were known for having a strong rear end. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
If you get the chance to pick one up, you'll laugh at how light it is. It's hollow. Only drawback is some shops charge up to $40 for it. It's the nicest axel out there though IMO. It's hard to say if you'll notice a huge stiffness change as the BR rear ends don't slouch much in that department. I did notice it on my 06 Rocky Switch and they were known for having a strong rear end. :)
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The Recoil is the lighest 12X150 out there. It is really only about a third of the weight of a Steel. I have one just sitting around. PM me.

Wyrm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts