Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been mentioned a few times and seems to be a matter of controversy so thought I start a tread on the subject and see how everyone is living with the delamar.

Ive had my blindside for just on 9 months and have tried a few different options for running the gear cable and at this stage this is the best option Ive tried up until now

I first ran it in front for the pivot but found it tended to bulge out a bit,I had it zip tied in place in the location point on the upper chain stay but found it tended to kink the cable.

My second try was to run it as intended but ended up rubbing the seat stay to much for my liking with the movement of the suspension.Due to my haste I didnt protect the stay with tape and after one race the pain paint was worn:madman:

Lastly I have decided to run it down the bottem tube,behind the chainguide and under chain stay protector,ugly but totally eliminated cable movement.:thumbsup:

Ever since I put the bike together I had run the brake line throught the pivot,down the seat stay and along the floating brake arm.Reason for this was once again to eliminate movement through suspension action

First pic is my first attempt
2,3 and 4th pictures iare how Im running it at the mo

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am running my der cable down the down tube, and on top of the chain stay too, too much ghost shifting near the link. the blindsides arriving in august will be routed this way.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've said this would be the best way to route previously in several threads. Glad to see it works better!!!

I don't think the routing was well thought out initially on this bike - it's crap.

I snipped my lines to short to route this way and it's too bad, because there are multiple friction points on my b/s frame and the rubber coating on my s/s lines is wearing away. I'm really not happy with the routing - it's by far the worst on any bike I've owned.

They would be wise to re-do it I think.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I routed both my brake and RD cables down the DT yesterday. There is very little flex throughout the travel. I ordered some stick on housing guides to clean things up a bit and I'll post some pics as soon as they are on.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So I've got both brake and derailleur running on the outsides of the swing link. I clear bra'd most of the TT and the outsides of the swing link to give the cables something other than the frame to rub on. Then I lightly zip tied the cables to the swing link. so far, no ghost shifting and no major wear on the housing but I'm watching it. It also keeps all the flex in one plane so the cables don't bow out into my legs. I don't know if this is my final solution, but it's my first draft.

Suspension tuning is another thing... I'll post it in the other thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.