Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
when the searchlights find us drinking by the mosolium doors
and they found you on the bathroom floor, will i miss you, will i miss you sooooo slow....

·
18 years old
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SamL3227 said:
when the searchlights find us drinking by the mosolium doors
and they found you on the bathroom floor, will i miss you, will i miss you sooooo slow....
what language is that now?

·
18 years old
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SamL3227 said:
its "my chemical romance" language
well im sorry, but they suck. go listen to some guns n roses, metallica, billy idol, billy joel, ozzy, bleh. does my chemical romance have a song about bleeding juicy sevens? wow i just laid a nasty fart

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Step 1

DeadlyStryker said:
who wants to give me the run-down?
Step 1 Buy a bleed kit

Step 2 take it to an an LBS you trust, let them do it

I had a 6in rear and and 8 frnt and right out of the box the frnt needed bleeding...gotta kit did it myself was good for about a month but once every 30 grabs nothin! and it sucked downhill...so finally got another kit and had the shop bleed'em no probs.

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
brado1 said:
Step 1 Buy a bleed kit

I had a 6in rear and and 8 frnt and right out of the box the frnt needed bleeding...gotta kit did it myself was good for about a month but once every 30 grabs nothin! and it sucked downhill...so finally got another kit and had the shop bleed'em no probs.
wow...great job answering the question.....i was trying to stall that as long as possible with my jibberish sets of lyrics and such....you ruined my fun...i dont like you anymore....lol

·
18 years old
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SamL3227 said:
wow...great job answering the question.....i was trying to stall that as long as possible with my jibberish sets of lyrics and such....you ruined my fun...i dont like you anymore....lol
sam, lay off the gay guys wearing girls pants music.

·
18 years old
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brado1 said:
Step 1 Buy a bleed kit

thank you, how much is a bleed kit about?

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
imagine theres no heaven
its easy if you try
no hell below us
above us only sky
imagine all the people
living for today
imagine theres no country
it isnt hard to do
nothing to kill or die for
no religion too
imagine all the people
living life in peace
you may say your a dreamer
but im not the only one
i hope some day youll join us
and the world is one....

hehehe this is fun

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
price for bleeding

DeadlyStryker said:
thank you, how much is a bleed kit about?
the kit costs about 30 buks...just visit the avid website and download the pdf of "how to bleed"....and if u have enough experience and just follow it step by step....u ll have ur brakes as good as new...otherwise u ll screw up....yeah...that s it.good luck

·
18 years old
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SamL3227 said:
*gay song lyrics*

hehehe this is fun
She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
Her hair reminds me
of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Definitely buy the Bleed kit - makes it MUCH more easier!! I've never tried bleeding them without - heck I don't even know if you can do it without the bleed kit.

Bleeding instructions:
** first, make sure you have spare compression fittings and hosebarbs BEFORE cutting any line.
** Cut lines at the lever, not the caliper

Bleeding:
- Fill one bleed syringe 1/2 full with Fluid. Then de-gas (get air bubbles out) the fluid by clamping the syringe off and pulling a vacuum. As you do this, you'll see gas bubbles float to the top. Make sure you're holding the syringe upright. Pull and release the plunger until no more gas bubbles appear. Un-clamp, remove any excess air, then re-clamp this syringe. Leave the other syringe empty and unclamped.

- Attach ½ full syringe to caliper

- loosen lever clamp - just enough to rotate, but not too much so it moves freely.

- position lever parallel to the ground

- attach empty syringe to lever

- position lever at 45 degree

- **Might have to open the lower syringe before doing this** Pull the brake lever completely to the bar and secure with a large rubber band.

- Draw a vacuum at the caliper. i.e. slowly and gently pull the plunger on the caliper syringe to draw a vacuum. Continue to draw a vacuum until no more air bubbles appear in the fluid.

Note: Pulling too hard may allow fluid to by-pass the master cylinder. Keep your eye on the master cylinder reservoir to make sure you don't empty it and draw air into the system!

- When no more air bubbles, close the lower syringe.

- release the lever (take rubber band off)

- Force fluid through the system by holding the lever syringe upright, release the clamp on the
caliper syringe and force fluid through the system into the lever syringe. Do this until the lever syringe is approximately 1/4 full, then re-clamp the caliper syringe.

- with both syringes closed, remove the caliper one and re-install the bleed plug

- Keep the top syringe upright, open it up and SLOWLY squeeze the brake lever halfway to the bar and release 5 or 6 times. This will displace any air bubbles within the master
cylinder into the master cylinder reservoir. If your bleed is right, it should be pretty crisp. You can also do the vacuum thing to make sure all the bubbles are out - but again be carful. While doing this step, you might want to also vary the position of the lever so to move all the bubbles out.

- Position lever parallel to the ground

- close and remove syringe

- top our the bleed hole and close.

- you are done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.