Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
cartecs3 said:
Can't speak for Blanket's but I just rode at Monte Sano the first time this past weekend and was pretty impressed.. it's got a wide variety of stuff to hit.. techy rocky sections, smooth and flowy, you name it. I think I read there's ~30mi of trail there..
sounds like there's your answer - mileage always wins. I've ridden Blankets and not MS but I'll tell ya, I have trouble justifying the 20 min drive to BC for what's there. It's better now with the VMT open giving ya ~14 miles of trail but the techy rock gardens are getting worn down and it's just not very exciting for me to ride there.

just my 2 cents but you asked.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
I used to live in GA and rode Blankets occasionally. I now live in Huntsville and ride Sano weekly. Blankets is a great system for a metro-Atl trail but is is no where near being on the same level with Monte Sano.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Blankets is VERY tame compared to Monte Sano. There is plenty of single track and not too much traffic at Monte Sano. One ride at Blankets was enough for me. Trails are well groomed but very high traffic. Blankets would be nice if you lived in the area, but not a destination in my opinion. Huntsville is lucky to have such a nice trail system so close to town!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've ridden both. I would pick Monte Sano.

If its raining I would pick either Oak Mountain (Bham) or Raccoon Mountain (Chattanooga). Both of these trails hold up in the rain.

The rocks become very slick after a little Rain at Monte Sano. Some of the trails used to close at Blankets when it rained. Not sure if that is still the case.

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
I live in Huntsville, so the trails on Monte Sano are home. I rode blankets a couple of weeks ago and it's a nice trail system. But, as the others said, it's a high traffic, well groomed system. If your looking to get in a nice cardio workout for a couple of hours, Blankets your place. If you want to test all your skills, then give Monte Sano a try.

If you decide on Monte Sano, let us know when you plan to ride and we'll try to line up a guide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.