Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this info, I recently bought some DT Swiss XM421 with 350 hubs for my Diamondback Release 1. I know in the past I asked if I could get the specific weight for the stock wheels and was having a hard time finding a concrete answer.

So today I'm setting those wheels up as spare, but I took off the cassette, rotors, tires, and valves. Stock weight of these wheels according to my fish scale is 915g for the front and 1085g for the rear with a Shimano Freehub. Total weight of exactly 2000g

My new wheel set should be around 1770...so a nice 200g+ loss of rotational weight. Should get my Diamondback Aluminum Release Large frame total bike weight below 31 Lbs

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been thinking about getting the INDUSTRY NINE TRAIL 270 TORCH 27.5" wheels on Jenson which are on sale. Weight supposed to be down to 1600g which is really significant. Any other opinions on Aluminum wheel sets to replace the Blanchard without spending crazy money?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd recommend checking Pinkbike. Lot's of higher end bikes come with good wheels that people take off for Carbon hoops. I got my DT Swiss wheels for $280 with DT350 hubs. They were new take offs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm wanting to upgrade my R3 Blanchard wheels but I guess I'm trying to justify it in my head.... How do these wheels rank? I mean is anything (Stan's, DTSwiss, WTB...) an upgrade to my current wheels and hubs? I don't have a ton of money and I see lightly used and new takeoffs on my local classifieds for what seems like a pretty good deals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.