Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.

anyone know whether you can buy bladed spokes for a wheel build that are as wide as the mavic slr spokes?

thanks heaps.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Sapim Xrays are bladed. They are light and stiff too. They are way stupid expensive too.

You can buy spares slr spokes, but Im not sure if they will fit a non Mavic 819/slr/st/sl type rim with those funky holes

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
I'm not sure on the spoke length with your hub, but the SLR spokes are not J bend either. They are straight pull. So, you would have to have a Cross max hub to make them work. They will fit in the rim, but you wont have anywhere to attach them on the other side.

And they are even more stupid expensive price. A friend looked into getting some spares for his Crossmax SLRs and they wanted $50 for 12. So, to do a 24 hole wheel, its like $100. The Sapim Xrays are cheaper than that.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
nathanbal, I have bladed Sapium spokes on my last wheel build. Hadley hubs, DT 5.1 rims with Sapium spokes...

A great great wheel build, stiffer than a honeymooners chopper and been really strong thus far....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts