Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I have a Dakine backpack bladder system and I have lost the o ring that goes on the tube where it enters the bladder so it is leaking.

Local bike shop does not carry the replacement o rings and Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.

I cannot find one that works. The only one that fits is too wide so the tube won't go back in. I need a flatter o ring.

I have tried three hardware stores. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Ross

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
ruzz said:
Howdy,

I have a Dakine backpack bladder system and I have lost the o ring that goes on the tube where it enters the bladder so it is leaking.

Local bike shop does not carry the replacement o rings and Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.

I cannot find one that works. The only one that fits is too wide so the tube won't go back in. I need a flatter o ring.

I have tried three hardware stores. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Ross
did you already buy the o-ring that is too thick?

if so, sand it to the thickness that'll work.
grab one side of the ring w/2 fingers while applying pressure w/a third. drag it across some sandpaper, it will be easier than you think.

WWMD (what would Macgyver do)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
ruzz said:
Dakine won't send one out and directed me to a hardware store.
Dirdir said:
WTF? Did Dakine give you a reason why not? Unless there is a reasonable explanation, I may just take Dakine of my list.
i wuzz wondering the same thing since i just ordered a nomad. is it that Dakine won't send one out directly to you or won't send one out to a dealer either?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Some hardware stores would have it, but needs to be specialty. One I know would be an Ace at Broadyway/Rural in Tempe, if that is close by you. Evergreen on Country Club also.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found one that works! I bought 10! Finding one was more of a pain in the ass than it should have been!

As far as Dakine goes.....I called the guys down at Rage where I bought the pack and they called Dakine. Dakine then directed me to a hardware store. I thought it was odd. They could have just stuck a couple in an envelope and sent them to the shop or me directly.

I sent Dakine customer service a polite request for them to send me a new o ring or two or a new bladder with one installed. I filled them in that I have purchased alot of their products over the years for snowboarding and biking. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the response from Dakine!

Hi Ross,

While reading this email we thought, he needs an o-ring to fix the issue. The retailer mis-informed you as we do have these and will be sending out a couple of them today via UPS to the address you have provided below. You should see them arrive in about 4-5 Business days.

Thank you
Dakine Warranty Department

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
[quote='size]so where did find the correct o-ring locally?
i've got a nomad on the way and figure i'll pick up a few to keep in the pack...[/quote]

What happened to the APEX? I use Camelbak bladders as I like the wider opening for cleaning.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found the o rings at Home Depot at Indian Bend. I will grab the package tomorrow and post the exact size so you don't have to go through the same BS I did.

Ross

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.