Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given the non iscg stinger and mounted it on my 02 Specialized BigHit. It originally had an etype f/d but I removed it to add the stinger. Now my chainline is wonky (I beleive it was 48mm and now is ~51) - probably due to the width of the stinger's plate. The bike has an iscg mounts (from 2002) will the iscg stinger fit? Or should I shell out and get a heim?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
stinger

gmx said:
I was given the non iscg stinger and mounted it on my 02 Specialized BigHit. It originally had an etype f/d but I removed it to add the stinger. Now my chainline is wonky (I beleive it was 48mm and now is ~51) - probably due to the width of the stinger's plate. The bike has an iscg mounts (from 2002) will the iscg stinger fit? Or should I shell out and get a heim?
I'm not sure if you can take the "non" and "make it work"...but I believe a new Stinger designed for use with iscg mounts will only set you back like $20.
Unless the definition of ISCG has changed over the last 6 years it should be fine.

I run the "non" on my bike (i don't have tabs) and never had to adjust it in 1.5 years.

It is a great inexpensive product.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
freeriderB said:

I run the "non" on my bike (i don't have tabs) and never had to adjust it in 1.5 years.

QUOTE]

I'm having a little trouble with the Stinger. I have a lower BB on my El Guapo and it seems to push the stinger into my frame so that the smaller chainring isn't allowed to work properly. This happens after a good ride with a lot of big rollovers and such. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
tacubaya said:
Mount it to the ICGS.

Dominator13: Could you say that again? I didn't understand (or better yet, post a pic).
The Stinger get's pushed up towards the frame and does not allow the chain to get into the small chainring. I've tried tightening it up but when I get a big hit it seems to push it up. No ICGS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.