Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Solo42
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of installing a bottom bracket mounted Stinger on my Giant Reign 2 (06). I've corresponded with e-13 about the DRS and I don't feel like grinding a $130 chain guide to make it fit. I ride aggressive trail in rocky terrain, but don't drop my chain often. Does anyone know if there will be fit issues with the Stinger? Is the roller plastic? Does the thing work? I know you guys will come through for me!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You will be fine running it. No probs running it on mine and i have an 05 with a shimano xt crank. Roller is made of polyurethane i think. Its either that or rubber.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Ran a stinger on my '05 with no issues either. Stylo cranks.

Only downside is that if you hit something super hard, it can bend. The DRS is definitely more durable. The good news is that you can bend them back pretty easily.

EB

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
I have stinger's on 3 bikes, including my Reign and Trance X.

the only thing different I did is replace the stock Blackspire rollers (which doesn't roll very well) with MRP ones.

they work great...fairly cheap, light and gets the job done

·
Solo42
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good, guys. I will order that baby tonight! I thank you all for your dirt-encrusted wisdom. Chadster, that's a kick-ass bike you got there pal...I hope mine looks as good as yours when I'm done with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts