632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who owns them? ...your thoughts on them... and has anyone seen one break?:eek:

thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Black sheep bars

I just got a set James was really easy to work with .The day after I paid he shipped them . .I just got them so I cant tell about ride quality yet .I am not finished building my bike.Ill post pictures when my bike is finished.I was also impressed when he told me If I did not like the bend to send them back and he would re work them until I did like them .That kind of service makes the bars seem like a deal.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have 2 sets of BS bars. One a 15 degree bend, flat bar and the other is a mountain mustache with about 45 degrees of bend. These bars are comfortable to ride and no, I haven't broken one. I use them on my 29er BS SS. I weigh 190#.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have 'em, love 'em and won't ride anything else. Mine are the cruiser geezer bars and I have a flat bar made similar. He'll make anything you want, all are made to order!

Call James, buy his stuff...never ride anything else as when you ride perfection why would you step backward. Can't say enough good about James, love his work and am sold enough to ride nothing else.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
BS Bars

Have a set and have been riding them for about 4 months. Black Sheep Mountain Moustache. I am 6'02" and weigh about 185. I ride 4-5 times a week on a rigid titanium
29er single speed. I have them wrapped with Brooks leather tape with a layer of cork wrap underneath and they work perfect. They would be a little thin (diameter speaking) if they weren't wrapped I think. I had ti Jones bars before the BS bars and switched in favor of the BS bars because they flat out feel better. No offense to Jones bars, they're great...but the BS bars are where it's at. They're wide, strong, have multiple hand positions and provide some flex and relief from the bumps...and they look sweet. I'll ride them on my ss as long as BS makes them. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
some thoughts...

As I understand things, these bars are made to order.

While NOTHING is unbreakable, I would like to think that if you communicate your needs and desires adequately to this builder, he will be able to design/fabricate a bar that will serve your purposes well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts