Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have boxxer world cup from 2003 year. I have found upgrate of rebound damper by black box. What should i do to make it more freeride orienated?? I will change one sping for harder and what else i may do?? Thanks for any answers, Simon.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
bonku said:
I have boxxer world cup from 2003 year. I have found upgrate of rebound damper by black box. What should i do to make it more freeride orienated?? I will change one sping for harder and what else i may do?? Thanks for any answers, Simon.
Not sure what you mean by black box. Black box is a suspension setup by Rockshoxx for team issue only. If you have dampers that are "black box" install them to your forks, use Maximu fork fluid. Rockshoxx is specific on 2 different oil weights, one for the right leg & another for the left. The vicosity of the oil & quantity/level is set up for rider preferance.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
bonku said:
i know what is black box, i bought rebound damper upgrate by black box. So only i will change oil an spring and it shuld be ok??
The 2003 Rock Shox Boxxer service guide says,
Pour 180cc/ml of 5wt oil into the top of the right (rebound damper) upper tube.
Pour 170cc/ml of 5wt oil into the top of the left (neutral shaft) upper tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.