Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone care to explain it? :confused:
is it just the 2009 boxxers? or is it something else completely?

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Blackbox stuff is "top secret" stuff that the pros get to ride and evaluate for companies like Rock Shox . . . actually I think all SRAM companies. Any way, then they perfect them and the technology ends up at your LBS for you to buy a few years later.

I think.

Any one else have a better definition?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Its clever marketing. If a company has prototype anything they usually like to keep it under wraps for a bit. More likely than not this fork has been ridden many times before, possibly raced before (at least the internals) in a different disguise to make it look like a standard fork. But the way it works is... marketing dept decides to let loose the "spy photo", then out on the race course they'll bring the new latest and greatest hype driven product that you can't buy yet. 2-3 years later you get to buy it for yourself at high prices because it says "black box."

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
his dudeness said:
Its clever marketing. If a company has prototype anything they usually like to keep it under wraps for a bit. More likely than not this fork has been ridden many times before, possibly raced before (at least the internals) in a different disguise to make it look like a standard fork. But the way it works is... marketing dept decides to let loose the "spy photo", then out on the race course they'll bring the new latest and greatest hype driven product that you can't buy yet. 2-3 years later you get to buy it for yourself at high prices because it says "black box."
i want black box:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kidding, ill wait 10 years before it comes with in my buget :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.