Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a few Mooto-X, a Jones spaceframe, and an Indy Fab, I have ended up with my second Black Sheep. With my upcoming travels, the S&S couplers will be much appreciated.

Let's see some other Black Sheep. I know that they are out there.

JAH

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
xJAHx said:
After a few Mooto-X, a Jones spaceframe, and an Indy Fab, I have ended up with my second Black Sheep. With my upcoming travels, the S&S couplers will be much appreciated.

Let's see some other Black Sheep. I know that they are out there.

JAH

What kind of rims are those?
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
I opted for the custom Jen Green custom MoneSSheep badge
ignore them...they are all just jealous that what you have is actually an original, nor did you need a hammerschmidt to make it something special either. you must however include this pic

 

·
Bodhisattva
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
FoShizzle said:
ignore them...they are all just jealous that what you have is actually an original, nor did you need a hammerschmidt to make it something special either. you must however include this pic
The water jetted blade is a nice touch

 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
The water jetted blade is a nice touch
i agree, plus, a Mones has no such nice touch, though if your posing requires looking like everybody else while riding around town, the Mones is a better choice
 

·
Bodhisattva
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
FoShizzle said:
i agree, plus, a Mones has no such nice touch, though if your posing requires looking like everybody else while riding around town, the Mones is a better choice
You think Jones invented the blade as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting side chatter about the Jones/Mones/MoneSSheep. Is JJ on to something with his geometry? I owned a Woldhound with the same numbers, so obviously Fred endorsed that.

Is JJ on to something with the truss fork and sweeping tubes? Some would argue that the sweeping tubes are just for show, and frankly, I am now preferring the evolving renditions by James. Each one continues to be custom.

If we believe the hype, then of course other custom makers, and eventually the mass produced will follow this trend either in geometry and/or tube shaping.

I must say that for the type of riding that I use this Sheep for, I prefer it over my old Jones. I was looking for a race-paced SS that was forgiving enough for extended use. In my old age (29), I am enjoying the compliance of the non-truss fork. Would I take it off of 4+ foot drops like JJ does with truss forks? Hell no. I just found a form that fits my function better.

Interestingly, my Jones was the exact same build; the only thing that has changed is the frameset:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,829 Posts
Squeak, let us know how you like the handlebar.

Mine did not work for me, but that's my own opinion. They're just garage filler now.

The bike looks awesome.
 
1 - 20 of 439 Posts
Top