Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the sport for awhile. I bought a jeykll with a black elite "rapid travel wind down". Could anyone explain to me what that exactly does? Thanks guys
 

·
Do It Yourself
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
josh said:
I've been out of the sport for awhile. I bought a jeykll with a black elite "rapid travel wind down". Could anyone explain to me what that exactly does? Thanks guys
I have the RTWD on my Minute 1 as well. It changes the fork travel which changes the ride height. Mine adjusts from 100mm of travel up to 130mm. Yours may be slightly different as far as the amount of travel goes but the effect is the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
josh said:
I've been out of the sport for awhile. I bought a jeykll with a black elite "rapid travel wind down". Could anyone explain to me what that exactly does? Thanks guys
To use RTWD you hafta compress the fork alll the way down and than turn the lever(usually on the top left). this will either raise the fork to its max sewtting, or lower it to its lowest setting. only 2 settings...
 

·
Do It Yourself
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
nufenstein said:
To use RTWD you hafta compress the fork alll the way down and than turn the lever(usually on the top left). this will either raise the fork to its max sewtting, or lower it to its lowest setting. only 2 settings...
No, what you are describing is the Rapid Travel Adjust (RTA). The RTWD is infinitely adjustable within the travel range with a few turns of the dial.
 

·
Derailleurless
Joined
·
9,122 Posts
Homebrew said:
No, what you are describing is the Rapid Travel Adjust (RTA). The RTWD is infinitely adjustable within the travel range with a few turns of the dial.
Additionally, RTWD maintains a constant spring rate throughout the range of travel adjustment. RTA loads up the coil in the short travel position.
 

·
Derailleurless
Joined
·
9,122 Posts
nufenstein said:
I have a 2004 black elite with rtwd2 and i thought it only had two settings, 80mm, and 100mm. Is this simply not true, or is rtwd2 a ghetto version of rtwd.
Two positions sounds like RTA, unless Manitou is messing with their catchy little names.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
The 2004 Black RTWD that came with my VT is adjustable from 90-120. It is adjustable throughout the range, and you do not need to compress the fork before you adjust. You just turn the knob and it adjusts anywhere within the range.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top