Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So when I drove up to Black Rock today and getting ready in the parking area, I see this guy driving up and coming out his car, I ask him how's it going. Bad he says as he proceeds to write down a cars license plate number, he makes mention of people trespassing into the camp, dogs crapping in the fields, people walking around in their underwear and drinking beer in the parking area..
A few second later a group of college kids some with full ridged bikes come down. Apparently these poor guys somehow got confused by the rope corral and went towards the camp, and then mistakenly asked this guy for direction. The kids were very apologetic for meandering into the camp, but the guy was convinced that they were pedophile and they intentionally trespassed into the camp, and that he was going to call the cops if they come back. So the guy finally leaves and we told the kids we would show them around black rock. As we are going through the gate, the guy comes driving back and said the deal was they have to leave black rock or he would call the police. I thought when I first herd it that if they ever came back into the camp he would call the cops, which makes sense. My friend objected to this saying these kids just came up here to bike, they made a mistake, they didn't come here for camp tapawingo.
Anyways we and the kids didn't want any trouble so they just left...

I know we are to be respectful to the camp and all here, but he seemed out of line ruining these kids day. Though I must say it was a little retarded of them for getting confused by the corral, and not looking at what the sign said.

I on the other hand had an awesome day, biking 5 and half hours! I love black rock, and all the new additions you black rock dudes have done are just awesome, thanks for the hard work!

So this is just a warning to you guys the camp dude is getting rabid, so don't push your luck, get dressed in your car, no beer in the parking area and for god's sake don't accidentally go into camp tapawingo!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those guys have been on edge with BR for quite a long time. I spoke with him a few years ago and he was bent over nothing.

Its all about respect though, because people do run around in their underwear and drink beer, they also go entirely too fast down the road from town. I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot decided that they were going to be funny and run through the camp in their underwear.

There is only one way into that place, and if one person decides to be stupid at the wrong time, BR will be under some serious flack that could put that place in danger.

Awesome place, they do an amazing job, but everyone needs to be respectful and keep your drinking to your house/bar and run in your underwear when you are well into BR and no one can see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was there a few weeks ago and that crazy guy (wearing a jesus sweatshirt!) came down and freaked out on some other riders for having an off-leash dog. He was so pissed he was literally shaking and spitting while he chewed them out for a solid 10 minutes. Meanwhile, my off-leash dog quietly padded through the gate and I got her in the car without incident! His main beef apparently was about turds in the field, but I get the feeling he spends his entire life upset about something. Until he dies of a heart-attack, I'd recommend reading all the rules on the sign, following them to the letter, and tip-toeing through that camp. Sounds like he could shut down access if he wants to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts