Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I'm sure some of you have read about my fork, but just for my interest I would like your opinion on my choice.

I decided to go with the Manitou Black Platinum instead of one of the Rock Shox Psylos. I made my decision having ridden both and listening to a couple of friends complain about their Psylos. I love the Black Platinum and wouldn't have it any other way, but what do you guys think? Any opinion on my choice will be gladly accepted. I don't care which one you like better, I just want as many opinions as people want to give. Look forward to hearing from ya guys! Mikey42186

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep.

team-lt said:
Holy S**t! RS Psylos are total crap! you were absolutely right. take care about that fork, its very nice
That was my impression. Thanx for your opinion. The Platinum is a really nice fork. It saved my butt the first day i had it. I rode rather fast off the steep end of a cattle guard bridge without realizing how hard it dropped off on the other end. I thought I'd be dead, but to my surprise the fork ate it up and landed me back on two wheels. It didn't even bottom out! Thats quality right there!

·
Premium Member
7,599 Posts
Don't look back for even a second. It's like the difference between Delta Burke and Nicole Kidman. You got Nicole.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
I'm a very satisfied with my '02 Psylo SL, I swapped the original seals with Enduro Seals and it's still giving me a sweet ride. It was the primary fork on my VT but replaced it with a Black Super and installed the Psylo on my singlespeed.

I haven't had any problem with either of the forks but the Psylo gives me a smoother ride imho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.