Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Bonus.

Good times! That was a fun ride, and good to get out with new riders on new trails. Helps riding stoke. I'm also happy the Booter Fairy has been at work out on the trails. Not to call anyone a fairy.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice pics man! we went back up there on saturday to hit those jumps again, and adam took a nasty digger straight to the face!! cody has a pic, ill let him know to post it on here.

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Hey all! Nice pics...they almost made it look like we could ride! What a way to wake up, and an even better way to get reaquainted with the Fullys! Geez, I about went over the bars every time my front wheel touched a rock! Best thing I think I saw all weekend was that wicked little roller/ride-down/booter thingy that dropped into the jump line. Def one thing we'll never be able to match here: ROCK. I wish we could have had more time to roll with you guys. I tried to catch up to you on Sat at the shop, but two guys on street bikes(Bob, I assume) were just locking up and leaving. Bummer. Next time I can get up there, I would like to help build for a day or two, then ride the new stuff.
Saturday was nuckin futz. We made a nice fat loop and stuck to to it. We started our morning with a run down Lookout. VERY satisfying. I feel like an idiot for never having run it before! I had no idea... Then we loaded up and headed down to Pactola and fired up the helmet cam. That trail got a LOT shorter and a lot easier than I remembered. I was a little sad. From there we headed back up to Storm because I wanted some shots of that jump line. Adam gets to that bigger jump after the step-down, pops a Suicide no-hander a bit too soon and the nose rolls right off the lip and he lands on his FACE with his hands behind his back! If you could have been friends with him a bit longer, you'd think it was pretty damn funny! Shut him up for like 4-5 minutes. Pretty nice.
From there, we went and checked out the DJs in Sturgis and actually had some fun! The jumps are like a foot tall and 2 feet long...and we were all laughing! I think we all ran into each other atleast once, and I crashed learning I can't moto-whip on a jump that small.... Oops. Sunday we were were all suffering from sandy crotch orfices and we bailed on the snow race. I feel pretty crappy about it and Joe's not speaking to me. I woke up on Jakes bathroom floor that night/morning and recognized my too-rapidly ingested Vodka and Redbull...and Mt Dew...and Orange juice in the toilet. And my little brother has been WAITING for me to get up there and ride with him, which I wouldn't have been able to do had I raced, Tom, owner of Terry Peak, threw some of Jakes buds in the clink the day before the race so Jake was pretty salty about it and he wasn't going. Adam was looking like a Klingon or whatever with that lovely swollen forehead and he just wanted to chill out, and Corey wanted street. After we got the call from my lil bro that he was almost to Spearfish, the decision was made fro us. We hit the streets(literally) of Spearfish for a few hours, rode some pretty dec DJs and headed home with sore ribs, me with two ginked ankles, Adam with a Rhino horn, Corey's still a geek, and my lil bro got to ride a tiny bit.

Oh, BTW... Between Fri afternoon and Sat the Booter Fairy(I call him the Dirt Ninja) visited again! You guys got two new jumps....

·
Registered
692 Posts
By the looks of that rasberry he landed pretty square! I dont think you could make that any more symmetrical if a person tried. Sounded like a nasty hit, a witness told me about it at the shop earlier.

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Yeah, I heard one of the guys watching ask if they should "call 911"! We were all "Heck no, just point and laugh and he'll get up pretty fast!"
I'm not sure what happened between Fri and Sat, but in the ten minutes we were at Storm we pretty much hacked it up every time we got tires in the air. Pathetic. I managed a real nice turtle slide out of that corner after the stepdown. Must have thought Kendas hooked up better on Saturdays? I started working in a berm for that corner and had to quit after Adam contaminated the dirt there with his face.
The more I think about it, the more fun I had there at Storm. Would have preferred to have been a little more in touch with the fully at the time, but It started coming back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It was fun watching you hit the booters at storm---Adam--hopefully you will come back to ride during the "Fat Tire" and forget all about the third booter. It was fun to watch!!

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
That's not Adam's style. If there's two things you can expect to see from Adam, it's vengence and childish bike throwing right before, which is always fun to watch. Just make sure you don't leave your bike laying around...
I say vengence because it's not like it was a bad jump or anything. He pulled his mitts off too early and let the nose drop. Not to mention, he already pulled off a couple of the suicide no-handers again on Sunday. It's all good in the hood...

·
Registered
72 Posts
While watching you guys hit those jumps it really makes it seem possible and not just what you see in the movies. It was great to see--I have never seen jumps taken so big with tricks! Hope Adam is feeling better!

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
Bah, he's just fine. Got a coupla' shiners now, but like I said, he pulled his no-hander the next day so all's well. All you can do is get up, wash the blood out of your eyes, figure out what you did wrong and don't do it again. Crap happens, if it didn't, there'd be no risk, thus no satisfaction. Right?

·
Registered
55 Posts
does anyone here have any pics from the terry peak snow race? i saw a couple on the site but thats about it. looks like there was only about 6 or so riders... anybody know anything on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yo, Winter is finally over, and so is snowmobilin, so i will actually be riding again (maybe) i wish i coulda went to the hills with u guys that looks SICK! but i finally got some money too, so hopefully i can get a new fully and a new hardtail, and actually bike this summer too! I need to stop by one of these days cody and see what youve been up to! unless you dont like me anymore...:confused:

·
Spreadin the love...
773 Posts
We rode all winter long, no need for fruity snowmobiles! Only thing I got against you dude is that you're always "too busy" to ride(aka: the GF won't let ya), until you find out about our new stunts, then POOF! you're there with the GF and her camera in hand ready to pose it up. That's BS and you know it, so I won't tell you again. And Let's just hope I don't find any shots of my Pisgah jump on Mike's fugging wall. What do you guys call that anyway... The Great Wall of Ben?
No build...NO RIDE.

There...got that off my shoulders. Now, keep in mind I don't need friends. I need riders. Whether I like you or not is completely irrelevent. And I ride nearly every single night, rain or shine. I'm getting sick of all the crying from everyone about "Oh...you didn't call me! I wanted to ride! Wah, wah, wah!" Everyone's welcome, just find me before 4 or i'm gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ohhh cmon, Too busy didnt hardly have anything to do with the GF i worked all summer man! which i plan NOT to do this summer, and ya i plan not to work at mikes near as much this summer either so i can have my weekends free atleast.
But anyways, me and corey have been workin on the DJs up at my house a LITTLE bit, then we got all this rain, and havnt been able to work on them. I'll hopefully be getting a skidloader soon, and we can move some dirt HELLA fast, and hopefully actually have a nice DJ line.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Wilbur said:
2nd ride of the day.
Nice pics Dirk! I need to get out to storm mountain and ride Phoenix! But...my fork is back at Marzocchi again:nonod:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts