Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i need some help....i am looking for a good fork for my 2010 Nomad build but i want it to be ALL BLACK. I really like the Fox Talas 36 just so you know roughly what i am looking for and a price range but it only comes in silver. I hate to buy something just for the color but i really want what i want. so i am trying to find a great fork that is still all black.

i am a newbie building my first bike from the ground up so anyone please chime in. thanks!

thanks in advance.....i really appreciate it!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Brotha, I hear your frustrations. Attention to detail, for some people it doesn't matter, but for some of us it does. I too was looking for a 36 TALAS in black, settled for the titanium. You'll see them as take OEM take offs on ebay and mtbr classifieds, but they're rare. Patience is the name of the game. Every time I'm looking, never find, when I'm not, there it is. So goes life. I wish Fox would come out with the black color option for the public with out paying out of our arses for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nomad Ninja said:
Brotha, I hear your frustrations. Attention to detail, for some people it doesn't matter, but for some of us it does. I too was looking for a 36 TALAS in black, settled for the titanium. You'll see them as take OEM take offs on ebay and mtbr classifieds, but they're rare. Patience is the name of the game. Every time I'm looking, never find, when I'm not, there it is. So goes life. I wish Fox would come out with the black color option for the public with out paying out of our arses for it.
thanks for understanding my detail aspect of it:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jd1072 said:
Sounds like you need yourself a black Rock Shox Lyrik! Same weight as a Fox 36, but in my opinion a plusher feel, better price, and (least importantly) better looking fork.
which rock shox Lyrik is the most compareable to the talas 36? i went on their site and it is not very clear and not very many pics either? sorry i am a total newbie

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which talas?

If it's just travel adjust there is only a 2-step air, but most Lyriks come with Mission Control which has an external high and low speed compression adjuster, external floodgate adjustment and rebound adjustment. There can be issues with the 2-step assambly though.

The most recommended is a fixed travel 160mm solo air.

·
Registered
338 Posts
scottrick said:
which rock shox Lyrik is the most compareable to the talas 36? i went on their site and it is not very clear and not very many pics either? sorry i am a total newbie
I would say the most comparable is a 2 Step Lyrik Solo Air. I have this and it has high speed compression, low speed compression, travel adjust (115mm or 160m), Air spring, and of course rebound. Picked it up on ebay for $400.

Other advantage is it's pretty easy to find in 1.125, 1.5", and 1.5" tapered sizes.

Weighs 5.38 pounds with the 1.5" steer tube.

Here is a black solo air on ebay now if it helps (no I'm not the seller):
http://cgi.ebay.com/RockShox-Lyrik-...Accessories?hash=item3efc1c4052#ht_500wt_1085

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Lyrik 2-step and a Totem 2-step, both are driving me crazy with the 2-step problem, every ride gets me trouble, i have convert my totem to solo now. Of course i agree that a lyric is more plush than a talas(i tryed many time) but i would go with the solo air, not 2-step. And still i had problem with the mission contol on both fork....

I never tryed a Vanilla36 yet, but i'm sure this fork is amazing(coil), and it's black...

Just to let you know, i also have a RS boxxer team 2010, and i'm having problem with this one too, i let you decide if you really want to buy a rockshok fork... For me i would not again.

:;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jd1072 said:
I would say the most comparable is a 2 Step Lyrik Solo Air. I have this and it has high speed compression, low speed compression, travel adjust (115mm or 160m), Air spring, and of course rebound. Picked it up on ebay for $400.

Other advantage is it's pretty easy to find in 1.125, 1.5", and 1.5" tapered sizes.

Weighs 5.38 pounds with the 1.5" steer tube.

Here is a black solo air on ebay now if it helps (no I'm not the seller):
http://cgi.ebay.com/RockShox-Lyrik-...Accessories?hash=item3efc1c4052#ht_500wt_1085
SOOOOO much help!!!! thank you for all of your help. (especially the link). i really appreciate it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doumbogey said:
I have a Lyrik 2-step and a Totem 2-step, both are driving me crazy with the 2-step problem, every ride gets me trouble, i have convert my totem to solo now. Of course i agree that a lyric is more plush than a talas(i tryed many time) but i would go with the solo air, not 2-step. And still i had problem with the mission contol on both fork....

I never tryed a Vanilla36 yet, but i'm sure this fork is amazing(coil), and it's black...

Just to let you know, i also have a RS boxxer team 2010, and i'm having problem with this one too, i let you decide if you really want to buy a rockshok fork... For me i would not again.

:;)
great help....thanks a million!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.