Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a rear wheel rebuilt from pulling spokes out of rim. Freehub body was very tight, did not spin easily, I replaced that, the bearings and freehub spin smoothly, but on a ride while coasting at speed, somethings catching, slacking the chain dangerously, and it's making a loud grinding sound. Nobody, even speedgoat, seems to know what this is, please help!!!

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
My guess

jamesjoker said:
I had a rear wheel rebuilt from pulling spokes out of rim. Freehub body was very tight, did not spin easily, I replaced that, the bearings and freehub spin smoothly, but on a ride while coasting at speed, somethings catching, slacking the chain dangerously, and it's making a loud grinding sound. Nobody, even speedgoat, seems to know what this is, please help!!!
Is that there is either grease or to thick of an oil in the free hub. They work best with no greas and lots of a thin mineral oil like shimano brake fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.