Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between these three colors? Are there any pictures that I can compare? The Sant aCruz website doesn't really give me a good look at any of them

Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mai said:
What are the differences between these three colors? Are there any pictures that I can compare? The Sant aCruz website doesn't really give me a good look at any of them
Chris
The anodized colors are a flat matte finish, and the pictures around here portray an accurate color. The black powdercoat is just a regular shiny black. Black chrome is not chrome. It is a very dark green transparent with a metallic looking undercoat. Very similar to trans red and trans blue, Black chrome should be called "trans dark green"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the black crome would be like Cannondale's green metalic?

·
Registered
400 Posts
skifastchad said:
The anodized colors are a flat matte finish, and the pictures around here portray an accurate color.
I wouldn't say flat... The Ano Black has a very subtle sparkle to it in the sun, but the durability of it is the real advantage. My friend got his PC grey superlight within a week of when I got my Ano Black BLT, and his paint job looks like absolute crap right now... it's scuffed, scratched, and rubbed off all over the frame. My Ano black finish looks as good as new. It's amazing how well it holds up to abuse.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mai said:

Chris
Look through the nomad pictures thread and you will find all three.....I have a black ano that is holding up very well....

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Mai said:
So the black crome would be like Cannondale's green metalic?
kinda but not really-it actually does look black under some kinds of lighting. I'd post a pic of my frame but I don't have one that shows the color very well. It's definitely not black or chrome, but it's a great color nonetheless. It's way shiny and kind of changes color when the light hits it, sort of like those iridescent tropical beetles you see in National Geographic but darker. It also seems to be a lot tougher than your average SC powdercoat. I had originally wanted an ano finish on my bike, but now I love the black chrome.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
Here's my Black Chrome

before I built it up (size medium). I've been meaning to post it up on the Nomad picture page but I have been too busy riding it. Once I clean it I'll get some more pics and post the complete build on the Nomad page. Actually this bike makes me want to ride my other bikes more because it rides everything so well, sometimes it's nice just to have simplicity like my hardtail or SS.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.